“Difficult night turned out OK”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Orange City
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Peter was very good at check-in, making us feel welcomed. There is nothing other than chain restaurants in the area...until we found the China Garden take-out. It was excellent! Brought it back to the hotel and our "suite" had a nice sit down table for us to enjoy our dinner. Then it happened, screaming in the hallway by a very elderly woman who did not want to be there at all. Peter handled it very well and he changed our room without a problem.
The suites are very comfortable except for taking a shower in a whirlpool tub (I'm short).
Rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was typical and OK (no chopped up fruit). The location is very convenient to Route 4. Compared to other HI Express it was way above average. The uncooperative guest was not their fault.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear away from the highway and construction.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange

Reviewed January 14, 2014

I recently checked into this hotel for a business trip. I knew I wasn't staying at a resort, but just looking for someplace clean and comfortable. I was pleased with the front desk at check in (great freshly baked lemon drop cookies). I got into the room and was also happy with the accommodations. I woke up the next day, went to my conference, and returned to my room late to find both keys weren't working. I went to the front desk and found they were doing construction on my floor and I had to be moved. It was an inconvenience but I understand booking debacles can happen. Unfortunately when I got to my new room there was one disaster after another. I spoke many times to the nice front desk assistance, who tried to make it right. I woke up the next day still unsatisfied. I stopped at the front desk to explain my concerns, before leaving for work. I returned to be greeted by the GM. They explained they took take of all my concerns. I asked for her to take a walk to check out the “refreshed” room. Their staff really went ABOVE & BEYOND to “make things right” (Big shout out to the maintenance & cleaning teams!). I sensed a bit of anger/resentment when I had asked for one additional thing (new shower matt…one I could stand on), however she did as promised and ensured I was satisfied. Overall I would recommend this hotel if for any other reason, the very accommodating leadership team they have in place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel overlook a somewhat nice grassy/marsh area (when not cluttered w...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My Dad lives in John Knox village a few miles away, My dad is a true night owl while my husband I get up at 5am. When we use to stay with him, we would pass each other in the hall. So we decided for the last few years to stay at the Holiday Inn. It is quiet and spacious. Every trip it keeps getting better & better.We have stayed here many times even during the upgrade construction periods. Our flights down always arrive earlier than check in but they have always had the room available. the fridge work great & so did the microwave. we were there for over a week and every day our room was clean & new shampoo, conditioner, lotion & soap were put out. We reqsted that only the towels in the tub be exchanged to conserve water, this was honored. The pool in Dec was cool but the unusual 80 degree temp made it swimmable. The Hot tub was delightful warm/hot & clean as was the Jacuzzi tub in the room. The work out room is well equipped & CLEAN!!
It's located near many chain restaurants you can walk to and very close ( 1/4 mile max) from the highway. the view form some rooms is not great but it is surprisingly quiet.
Only down point ( and this was the first time it has ever happened) One morning the breakfast was consumed by a HOARDE of locusts umm I mean children. They were well behaved but devoured everything in sight leaving only cold cereal and hard boiled eggs & yogurt. the yummy omelets, bacon/sausage(don't know what was there) hot cinnamon buns, biscuits & hash browns with only aromas in the air. With over an hour to go nothing was replaced. that is why I give them a 4

Room Tip: We would get the suite because I like the tub & really enjoy the extra little room with a couch...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a gem among the HIE chain. We were welcomed warmly and had a friendly conversation with Lenora and Francesca at the front, they are truly tops in my experience. Checkout was also staffed by a friendly young woman. The room was clean and spacious, the jacuzzi tub was very quiet, and best of all the bed was comfy soft just how I like it. The tv also seemed bigger than the average. Breakfast was standard fare for HIE but kept clean and well stocked. It also shares a parking lot with a Bob Evans restaurant and is within walking distance of several others. It was an easy drive to Sanford airport as well. If I find myself in the area again, I will not hesitate to book a room here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here last week the night before thanksgiving as we were visiting our family. We checked around 8:30 pm, the ladies at the front desk were very helpful mad courteous. Our room was on the second floor, as we entered the from we noticed they placed some candy on our beds which was nice. The room was clean, beds were ok. The front desk called about 10 minutes after we checked in to make sure everything was ok with the room. The only drawback we had was there was no refrigerator in the room. The exceptional service though made up for it. It was a nice stay for the night we were in town.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I just stayed for two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Orange City FL. My first room smelled like someone had smoked even though this is a no smoking hotel. I asked the desk clerk if they could do something about it and they moved me to a mini suite and give me a nice gift basket. They were excellent in terms of making sure my stay was a good experience. The room was large and comfortable. The furnishing were nice and the room was set up well for working in the room. The hotel is right off I4, so they are convenient to hop on the highway and head to both Orlando and Daytona.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here the other night while in town for family business. After a little difficulty finding it (lots of construction around), we settled in. Peter at the desk was extremely polite and helpful. The room was very clean and up-to-date. If not for this, the hotel would be only average. Peter earns it one more star.

One glaring drawback. The breakfast bar was awful. Tried several items and all were inedible. Finally settled for a yogurt.

We would consider staying here again. We just won't eat the breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Alling House Bed and Breakfast
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#3 of 5 in Orange City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange? Share your experiences!