“Business Stay”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Orange City
Cornelius, North Carolina
“Business Stay”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I recently checked into this hotel for a business trip. I knew I wasn't staying at a resort, but just looking for someplace clean and comfortable. I was pleased with the front desk at check in (great freshly baked lemon drop cookies). I got into the room and was also happy with the accommodations. I woke up the next day, went to my conference, and returned to my room late to find both keys weren't working. I went to the front desk and found they were doing construction on my floor and I had to be moved. It was an inconvenience but I understand booking debacles can happen. Unfortunately when I got to my new room there was one disaster after another. I spoke many times to the nice front desk assistance, who tried to make it right. I woke up the next day still unsatisfied. I stopped at the front desk to explain my concerns, before leaving for work. I returned to be greeted by the GM. They explained they took take of all my concerns. I asked for her to take a walk to check out the “refreshed” room. Their staff really went ABOVE & BEYOND to “make things right” (Big shout out to the maintenance & cleaning teams!). I sensed a bit of anger/resentment when I had asked for one additional thing (new shower matt…one I could stand on), however she did as promised and ensured I was satisfied. Overall I would recommend this hotel if for any other reason, the very accommodating leadership team they have in place.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel overlook a somewhat nice grassy/marsh area (when not cluttered w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My Dad lives in John Knox village a few miles away, My dad is a true night owl while my husband I get up at 5am. When we use to stay with him, we would pass each other in the hall. So we decided for the last few years to stay at the Holiday Inn. It is quiet and spacious. Every trip it keeps getting better & better.We have stayed here many times even during the upgrade construction periods. Our flights down always arrive earlier than check in but they have always had the room available. the fridge work great & so did the microwave. we were there for over a week and every day our room was clean & new shampoo, conditioner, lotion & soap were put out. We reqsted that only the towels in the tub be exchanged to conserve water, this was honored. The pool in Dec was cool but the unusual 80 degree temp made it swimmable. The Hot tub was delightful warm/hot & clean as was the Jacuzzi tub in the room. The work out room is well equipped & CLEAN!!
It's located near many chain restaurants you can walk to and very close ( 1/4 mile max) from the highway. the view form some rooms is not great but it is surprisingly quiet.
Only down point ( and this was the first time it has ever happened) One morning the breakfast was consumed by a HOARDE of locusts umm I mean children. They were well behaved but devoured everything in sight leaving only cold cereal and hard boiled eggs & yogurt. the yummy omelets, bacon/sausage(don't know what was there) hot cinnamon buns, biscuits & hash browns with only aromas in the air. With over an hour to go nothing was replaced. that is why I give them a 4

Room Tip: We would get the suite because I like the tub & really enjoy the extra little room with a couch...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a gem among the HIE chain. We were welcomed warmly and had a friendly conversation with Lenora and Francesca at the front, they are truly tops in my experience. Checkout was also staffed by a friendly young woman. The room was clean and spacious, the jacuzzi tub was very quiet, and best of all the bed was comfy soft just how I like it. The tv also seemed bigger than the average. Breakfast was standard fare for HIE but kept clean and well stocked. It also shares a parking lot with a Bob Evans restaurant and is within walking distance of several others. It was an easy drive to Sanford airport as well. If I find myself in the area again, I will not hesitate to book a room here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last week the night before thanksgiving as we were visiting our family. We checked around 8:30 pm, the ladies at the front desk were very helpful mad courteous. Our room was on the second floor, as we entered the from we noticed they placed some candy on our beds which was nice. The room was clean, beds were ok. The front desk called about 10 minutes after we checked in to make sure everything was ok with the room. The only drawback we had was there was no refrigerator in the room. The exceptional service though made up for it. It was a nice stay for the night we were in town.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I just stayed for two nights at the Holiday Inn Express in Orange City FL. My first room smelled like someone had smoked even though this is a no smoking hotel. I asked the desk clerk if they could do something about it and they moved me to a mini suite and give me a nice gift basket. They were excellent in terms of making sure my stay was a good experience. The room was large and comfortable. The furnishing were nice and the room was set up well for working in the room. The hotel is right off I4, so they are convenient to hop on the highway and head to both Orlando and Daytona.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Venice, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here the other night while in town for family business. After a little difficulty finding it (lots of construction around), we settled in. Peter at the desk was extremely polite and helpful. The room was very clean and up-to-date. If not for this, the hotel would be only average. Peter earns it one more star.

One glaring drawback. The breakfast bar was awful. Tried several items and all were inedible. Finally settled for a yogurt.

We would consider staying here again. We just won't eat the breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Casa Grande, Arizona
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The hotel and the staff were very nice, However, I have become accustomed to having a refrigerator in a room and there wasn't one. There was no desk chair, so I had to stand to do some paperwork. I wander whoever came up with the idea that tiny pillows are more desirable then a standard size pillow, they look nice but not the best for sleeping. I had a tough time keeping the Internet connection. The strongest signal was next to the bathroom door. The price of these hotels is not competitive with other chains, maybe it's Ok when you're only concerned with a one night stay but not when paying for 20 to 25 nights per month.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Sally L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Hampton Inn & Suites Deland
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#4 of 5 in Orange City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange? Share your experiences!