“Clean Room /Cold Water”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Orange City
Miami, Florida
“Clean Room /Cold Water”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

When I came to check in something had gone wrong with my reservation but the manager was very helpful. She told me that they had just had a cancellation and that there was a room available. She also gave me a reasonable price since I am a Priority Member and have stayed in this hotel various times before. I appreciated the help. The other times that I have stayed I have had no complaints but this last time the water out of the shower was very cold. Hope they fix that before I come back. I will probably return because I visit the area every couple on months and the hotel location is very convinient

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Hebrew first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2012

this hotel is okay for the price, the rooms are not in good shape, you have to pay for a mini fridge, something all other hotels have as a standard. the person at the front desk was rude and unhelpful, the AC units were loud, the hotel has a no pets police but we encountered a man with his little dog twice in the lobby

Room Tip: no comments
3 Thank joecel
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Checked into this hotel as a last resort but would not recommend it. The halls and rooms are dark and in need of a good cleaning and renovation. Not what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. As a priority club member, we have stayed at several Holiday Inns and this one is certainly below standards. On the plus side, they did provide a good breakfast and the staff at both the front desk and the breakfast bar were great.

2 Thank kkak1234

Travelers are raving about these Orange City hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 28, 2011

" just let it run for a while, i'm sure it will get hot" No such luck. . There was no hot water at all!
We paid extra for a mini refrigerator, and had to unplug it because it made so much noise.
Our room had a terrible perfume smell, so we turned on the air conditioning to try to get rid of it, since the windows don't open, but we just ended up cold, and since the bed had no blanket, we were cold to start out with.
Yes the pillows seemed old, and the room seemed dated, but our main complaint was that it was dirty, very dirty. There was a chair that you couldn't use because it was so dirty and covered with food, the.carpet was dirty and frayed, and even the curtains were dingy.. We had a queen executive suite which was just a regular room, with 2 beds, there was nothing executive or suite-like about it. We were very disappointed.

2 Thank Ineedsun7
Venice, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I have stayed at other Holiday Inn Express' recently, and I was dissapointed by this one. I am a Priority Club member and always specify NON-Smoking.....from my room I could smell smoke. If my room was NON then it was much to close to a smoking room. The rooms are small but have a TV, a mini fridge, and a nice big desk. The decor wasn't horrible, but certainly not modern. The pillows felt VERY cheap. This dissapointed me because they go out of their way to put these beautiful pillowcases on them saying "firm" or "soft". These pillows all felt the same. There were no blankets on the beds! There was a thin coverlet in between two sheets, but no blanket or comfator. The shower did not stay hot for long enough for both myself and my husband to take showers back to back. The complimentary breakfast wasn't bad. They offered bisquits, scrambled eggs, sausage links and patties, bread/toast, bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, orange juice, coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. I was very pleased that upon check in (we arrived around 10:00pm) there was fresh coffee made and available in the lobby/breakfast room. This hotel was just average....to me not worth the money and cetainly did not live up to other Holiday Inn Express and Suites that I have stayed in before.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mneuman8201
Copperas Cove, Texas
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We stayed here on the way to Disney. It was wonderful. The rooms are big and clean. The staff was excellent. The breakfast was excellent. It's just about an hour or so from Disney so it worked out great to get up in the morning and get there and to the parks early on your first day.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Pros: We arrived and were greeted. We used a flyer with a coupon for a 77 dollar rate. They gave us no trouble. We didn't have to wait in line for anything. They are in a good location without any highway noise. The a/c worked very well. Cons: They are not southwest rapid rewards partners. We were not informed that the hotel had no hot water. We called later that evening and were told that a pipe was broken, repaired, and the water should be hot by morning. We called in the morning and were told "I thought the plumber was coming today". Others at the free breakfast had been moved to other rooms but still had no hot water. The lesson is to ask this hotel if there are any problems before you book and the day you check in. Save some time and aggravation. The food was hot, fresh, room was clean but smelled like pot. Nonsmoking hotel? Carpets were dirty. Staff was nice but confused.

• Stayed June 2011
Hampton Inn & Suites Deland
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
Days Inn Orange City/Deland
#4 of 5 in Orange City

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Orange? Share your experiences!