“The benchmark of central Florida natural beauty”

Blue Spring State Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$85.60*
and up
Manatee Kayak Tour at Blue Springs State Park
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Orange City
More attraction details
Owner description: State park offering a variety of outdoor activities including camping, hiking, canoeing, fishing, boating, snorkeling and scuba diving.
Reviewed November 13, 2007

Blue Spring State Park is a must see if you are in Central Florida. We went to a number of state parks/natural areas while we were in Florida, none of them held a candle. In short, picture book blue lagoon. A boardwalk runs along side the spring allowing all ages to enjoy. I even saw some Europeans with high heels on!! While were there we didn’t see any manatee, but we saw a number of wildlife. The springs are so clear that you can see schools of fish from the banks. There are plenty of picnic facilities. The saw palmetto provides a thick canopy between the camp sites. The only people you see will be in the campground across from you. A 3-story house (museum) once owned by 1800s settlers is located on the premise. The museum part is a little ‘oh hum’, but the house is beautiful. I agree with the other folks reviews. Go in the middle of the week.

5  Thank jake_brake2007
Write a ReviewReviews (1,569)
All reviews
"gift shop"
in 87 reviews
"boat tour"
in 64 reviews
"the water is crystal clear"
in 31 reviews
in 28 reviews
"real florida"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed August 20, 2007

This is a great place for family to come be with nature and still have the comfort of the facilities. GET THERE EARLY - parking is limited on weekends and holidays.

1  Thank praline7
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I was originally supposed to go scuba diving here, but the school I was with chose a different location. Since this location was close to where I was staying in Orlando, I chose to go anyway. Since I did not have a dive buddy I went snorkeling. There are a lot of different fish and freshwater crabs. I couldn't find manatees though. Without breathing gear I was only able to dive about 20 feet into the cavern. It sure looked nice. I plan to return one of these days if I can find a scuba buddy to go with.
The freshwater is refreshing on a hot summer day, but beware. The current is extremely strong in the river flowing out of the cavern. This makes a nice drift dive but you have a be a strong swimmer.

5  Thank TriRunnerCF
Reviewed January 25, 2007

This state park has a lot to offer and can appeal to many different crowds. The park is great for a family to spend a quiet weekend away from all the business of everyday life. You can walk through the nature trails, swim (not during Jan or Feb), see manatees, camp, canoe, use the playground equipment, observe other wildlife and much more.

As a teacher I take my students there for a field trip. The students had a blast this year when we went. They had the opportunity to see many manatees and the playground is a good size compared to other state parks I have been to.

The only downfall I saw was that they lack a program (show) for the young children (kindergarten and 1st grade age). They are mainly appropriate for grades 2 and up.

4  Thank Little317