“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Durham Ox

Durham Ox
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Ilkeston
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Durham Ox is the oldest inn in Ilkeston dating from 1780 with later Victorian editions. The property is steeped in history having once been used as the town gaol with secret passages taking the prisoners from the cells in the cellars up to the Church in the market place where they were tried for their crimes.A major scheme of renovation and restoration this year has returned the pub back to its origins and created a quiet relaxing haven in which to unwind and enjoy a drink or a home cooked meal....or both
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went for a family meal, a last minute decision which turned out to be an excellent decision!
Went as a party of 6, we all had different mains and all 6 meals were excellent. The fillet steak was amazing and the chips were by far the best we've ever had. Will definitely be going back and will recommend to family/friends.
Staff were very friendly and the setting was perfect, has defely taken over as my favourite place to eat.

There are newer reviews for Durham Ox

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I made a visit to the durham ox a few weeks ago and had the best meal ever . The service was warm and friendly. I asked to meet the chef but he was to busy and sent his apologies . I have booked to go again this week.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Food (lamb shank) was very over cooked, very disappointing given the other rave reviews. Service and drinks were both good. Maybe the chef had a bad day?

1  Thank Kevin O
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a wonderful restaurant lies within this lovely old pub. The standard of décor is high, as are the furnishings, making it very comfortable and pleasant to meet with friends and have a very good meal. I had scallops with black pudding to start which were cooked just right and very delicious. For the main, I had the daily special of monk fish tail wrapped in pancetta in a gorgeous pernod flavoured sauce. My friends had a dessert (as I was too full) of yummy treacle sponge and custard - all nicely presented and extremely satisfying.
The staff were very nice and nothing was too much trouble for them.
I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the Durham Ox two nights ago and it will not be long before I return. Excellent!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

There was six of us eating today I had three courses and every course was perfect, even my 15 year old daughter came with us and she enjoyed it and you know how fussy teenagers can be we have booked for this friday for my wifes birthday thats how good it is great food great staff and left to relax and not rushed

1  Thank wayneastle