“Healing with Nature”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ona
Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Specialty Lodging in Ona
Chicago
“Healing with Nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

What an unforgettable experience!

3 days of nature, gentle nurturing from hosts Julia and Dinesh, Julia's healthy cooking, the stilling experience of Dinesh's Ayurvedic sessions, and of course the silence of it all far exceeded what I had hoped to experience here. The couple did a great job of putting together a schedule for me, based on simply tuning in on the sounds of silence, being in the moment and just 'slowing down'. I realized very soon what that meant.

As a writer I had taken my book in the making, my laptop and a packed agenda all set for the 3 nights and the 4 mornings I was here. As soon as I entered my lovely Tree House cabin, I set aside all these literary appurtenances to simply commune with nature. I got "very busy at doing nothing!"

As a wildlife nut, I got to see and "know" a lot of animals - the demure armadillo, a tree snake that landed on the ground from a tree, a shy deer, my best friend - the baby alligator that took late night trips to the creek to party, the bigger gator in the bigger pond, several egrets, the Great Blue Heron, hares, the red-shouldered hawk, the baby turtle, the majestic pileated woodpecker and many more denizens that welcomed me so kindly to their home in the woods.

It took me a day and a half to settle in and I thoroughly enjoyed my full Day 3. I should have had a similar Day 4 and left on Day 5 instead of on Day 4.

I will surely miss my walks along the creeks, the ponds and of course the hours and hours of lazing around, reclining upon the bench, simply looking at the oak trees and the blue skies and hearing (and feeling!) nature's orchestra perform their piece.

All this already seems like a dream - something that needs to be experienced and cannot be worded in any review. The only way I will stop missing this is experience is for me to quickly get there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

If you are looking for an opportunity to nourish your body, your mind, and your spirit, then think about giving yourself the gift of a getaway to Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat. The landscape is healing, the accommodations are healing, and your hosts, Julia and Dinesh are attentive, professional, caring, and extremely knowledgeable. I left my five day retreat there rejuvenated, relaxed, and inspired. Julia is a wonderful chef and a wonderful teacher in the kitchen with her classes in ayurvedic cooking. The ayurvedic treatments that I had during my stay were very professional and healing. The nature that surrounds the premises was calming and beautiful. I am definitely planning a return getaway to Rasayana sometime in the near future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We spent 3 days as Rasayana Cove before driving down to Miami. We both benefited hugely from the sound Ayurvedic consultations, which has made a big difference to us both in terms of nutrition and lifestyle. The treatments and meditations were fantastic and we had just the right amount of communal time sharing food and private time to ourselves. Julia and Dinesh were warm, hospitable and caring. The cabin was beautiful and the land even more so.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Julia and Dinesh open up their selfs to strangers who seek retreat from the strain of modern lifestyles. The quietness and beauty of central Florida allow the guests to rest deeply and rejuvenate, while receiving soothing massages and delicious fresh food. The cabins are warm and pleasant, surrounded by the stillness of nature: lakes, creeks, trees, deers, gators, squirrels, otters, birds, and so. The cooking sessions offer knowledge on eating habits that bring health, comfort, and delight. Meet Julia and Dinesh, you're gonna want to go back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nataliaventura
Killaloe, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed a 2-day couples retreat at Rasayana Cove. Julia and Dinesh cared for us with great love, skill and grace, providing just the right amount of quiet time to ourselves in nature, interspersed with deep healing hot oil massages, delicious wholesome meals and learning about our body types and how to best keep ourselves in balance.
Mother Nature blessed us with visits from armadillos, curlews, turtles and an otter on our walks on the beautiful trail by the river through the cypress woods. Our cabin was comfortable, cozy, clean and calm. We left calmer, younger, rejuvenated and well-rested, and so happy to have experienced a genuine natural side of Florida, and made new friends.
I'm very inspired to continue on this path of taking care of myself and hope to come here again for a healing warm retreat from Ontario's deep winter cold.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

My dear friend and I escaped to a lovely overnight retreat.
Julia was wonderful in guiding us through the process and we left feeling completely renewed. I highly recommend this wonderful experience and have given many the information to take a health getaway.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Rasayana retreat was a gift for me. I decided to spend my New Years alone in the woods , and it was the best decision that I could have made for myself. Meditation , cooking classes with Julia , best massages with hot oils, intriguing and wise conversations, beautiful woods and scenery , and very good accommodations. Everything about the retreat was incredible and I had a fantastic time there. I can say it was magical healing; it strengthened my courage and renewed vows with my inner peace . I highly recommend it!!!!

• Stayed December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ona
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Arcadia
#1 of 3 in Arcadia
Knights Inn Arcadia
Knights Inn Arcadia
#2 of 3 in Arcadia

Been to Rasayana Cove Ayurvedic Retreat? Share your experiences!