“Great for history buffs”

Olustee Battlefield Historic State Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Olustee
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The entire festival was educational and fun. From the historically correct uniforms to the great food, this is one I'll definitely go to again.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went for the annual Olustee Reenactment Festival every February, around the 18th. This was my first Civil War reenactment and I was excited to see it.

Get there early as we had to park almost a mile away. There is also a shuttle that can take you from the airport to the battlefield. The cost is $7 per person to enter the state park.

Stands filled early (especially the Confederate side). It is very loud with the gunfire and cannons, so bring earplugs!

It lasts about an hour and a half and is amazing to see history in action.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

A nice short stop at the museum and the civil war expo that was happening. Everyone keeps saying we need to go back in February for the big reactment......maybe we will!

Reviewed January 18, 2012

a must do in Feb when the re-enactment is going on. Avoid the crowds & go on Sat instead of Sun.

1  Thank sofaman61
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We arrived rather late (4:30) as the park closes at 5:00pm. The ranger met us along the entrance road to tell us he would be closing up in 30 minutes. The museum was already closed which may have helped us understand why there is so little to see at a place where 3000 soldiers lost their lives (according to the information we did see). The one monumnet honoring the Confederate soldiers was well done. The map showed one for the Union soldiers but never did find it. There may have been interesting signage and artifacts along a trail but did not have the time to explore that far. Seems to me for a battle so large with the casualties that it took, there would have been more. I am still pleased that I travelled to Olustee to see the battlefield.

Been to Olustee Battlefield Historic State Park? Share your experiences!