“Rumba, upbeat food and fun!”

Rumba Island Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 83 Restaurants in Oldsmar
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Safety Harbor, Florida
“Rumba, upbeat food and fun!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Rumba was a well lit , welcoming restaurant , filled with people enjoying themselves. The menu had a variety of food items, which should appeal to a variety of tastes. The service was excellent and the manager came by the table to check on us. Can't wait to go again!

• Visited July 2014

Palm Harbor, FL
“Great mini muffins. That is all.”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Sweet little muffins were a great start. We ordered off the early bird menu. Everything else barely hit 3 stars. The coleslaw was very sugary sweet with an odd fruit favor undertone. I had the pulled pork. It looked ok except for the super sugary ketchup poured over the top. It had a fruit undertone as well. Not good. Portions were small because it was Early Bird menu, but I didn't want any more. There were flies everywhere, probably due to the "unique" open bar where they literally air condition the parking lot. That bar is then open to the restaurant. Ecologically wasteful, and the food was nothing to go back for. My husband's dinner was so uninspiring neither of us can remember what he had. Something beef.

1 Thank VPBunnie
New Port Richey, Florida
“Great Little Bar & Grill”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I really love the sit up and atmosphere. I took my assistant here after a rather long and arduous Friday. Our server, Aida, was very warm and personable. She made me glad I stopped here on Gulf to Bay. We order oysters and Ahi Tuna nacho appetizers. Both were excellent. My assistant has a draft and I had a rum & Diet Coke. Everything was delivered quickly and with a smile. I will make a point of stopping here next time I am in Clearwater.

• Visited July 2014
“Lots of flavor and lots of choices”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I've been here before for lunch with friends and enjoyed the food so decided to go back with my husband for dinner. The atmosphere is a mix of family friendly and bar depending upon where you sit. The seating is comfortable and not crowded at all. I love the different takes on mango/pineapple and other fruit flavors in the meals. The jerk chicken is spicy but not uncomfortably so. The cole slaw is excellent. The servings were generous for the cost and sadly I didn't have room for dessert because it looked like they had some great options.I will be back!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank bethanycv
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great decor and bar”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Parking is difficult for this restaurant and when it's hot, whew, you have to walk in the heat from the back parking lot. But...the indoor/outdoor bar was convenient and bartenders friendly. Outdoor seating with umbrellas adjacent to outdoor bar. Hostess and all servers were exceptionally nice. Food also was very good. We had the calamari as an appetizer it was cooked well and didn't taste like it was old and frozen. We had the steak kabob and hamburger. Both were juicy, tender and tasty. We had several cranberry muffins ahead of time and they were to delicious due to they were hot and just melted in your mouth. The value and cost are above par! It's kid friendly (though we didn't have kids with us). We sent a drink back to the bar and it was done without question.

Yes we will return again for a happy hour this time!

• Visited June 2014

Been to Rumba Island Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!