“Very nice, varied menu and not a chain restaurant”

Rumba Island Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Oldsmar
Cuisines: American, Bar, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa
“Very nice, varied menu and not a chain restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I had to put "not a chain restaurant" in the title because these types of restaurants are few and far between in the Tampa Bay area--unless they're fast food types or high end places. It's a place that has something for everyone, from little kids to 90-year old grandmothers (yes, we were there with such a group.) Portions are large, even the appetizer ones, so plan to share if you're not a big eater.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Andrea112Tampa

Clearwater, Florida
“Treat yourself to some amazing tasting carribean style food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I must admit when I first saw Rumba's as having Carribean style food, I was a bit intimidated as I wasn't certain what that meant. Put all your worries away as your tongue will be treated to some amazing tastes! I have yet to find anything on the menu that I don't like. Each of the servers seems to really know the food choices, and they've helped me step beyond my normal fare of foods...and I have yet to be disappointed. Their fish is absolutely delicious. The pulled pork is fall-apart tender and juicy. I tried braised cabbage (which I would never try on my own) and am hooked on it. Servers are friendly and attentive.

I visit Rumba's at least once a month and have yet to be disappointed.

Visited July 2013
“The manager Frank was very rude.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Food was great. Waitress was great. Very reasonably priced. However, the manager "Frank" was very rude. His attitude towards us was very unprofessional. And his tone and choice of words were very inappropriate. I am in customer service oriented business for over 23 years. And I am saying from experience. I have owned and managed many hotels and restaurants. But never seen a manager with this kind of attitude on the floor handling customers.

1 Thank SamDaskundu
Tampa, Florida
“Entertained a client, good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Ate off the lunch menu and both my client and I enjoyed our meal. Service was good and the food came out fast. I highly suggest the filet kabobs. Rather surprised how busy it got on a Sunday afternoon which is a good sign for the area

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Didn't expect much.....not familiar with rumba's this was our first trip. Sat at the bar....drinks were good, food tasty and fresh. Ate off the lunch mention so the portions were smaller but what do you expect for $7.95? Service was great - food came out on time and bartender was attentive. Should my group travels bring me back to oldsmar I will definately be back!!!!!

• Visited July 2013

Been to Rumba Island Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!