“4 star Chinese take-out”
Review of Chef Li

Chef Li
Ranked #32 of 83 Restaurants in Oldsmar
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 19, 2014

In the realm of take-out Chinese food, Chef Li is good and by far the best I’ve had in this area (side note: have not tried Takee Outee yet). Large portions and inexpensive lunch specials (< $6). A few tables (4) but mostly intended for take-out.

Tried tofu with garlic sauce lunch special. Lunch specials come with rice and a choice of egg roll, soup, or can of pop. Overall the dish was good – tofu wasn’t old, veg were a little mushier than I like but the water chestnuts and onion slices added some crunch, and the sauce was decent, not spicy at all but a little bland. Large portion with 2 scoops of rice. Egg drop soup was good but nothing special.

In a holistic comparison of Chinese food offerings including both sit-down and take-out, Chef Li is a 3 star but in the take-out arena for this area, it’s a 4 star.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Chef Li in Oldsmar, is a cut above the rest of the chinese takeouts in the area

Always crowded, expecially Friday, is our usual night for Chinese food. Good Moo Sho Shrimp and egg foo yung, are my favorites. Good Roast pork with snow peas, my husband favorite

IIt has a couple of tables to eat in, but mostly take-out, and is very close to our house, convenient, good, and not overly priced..

They have quite a menu of select items, and tastly, for a mostly take out or delivery pla

decent, never had a bad meal

1  Thank vngonz
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

If you don't want to cook. It is a decent option. We ordered 2 small dishes. Portions were decent. Not huge. Total was around $13. I would go back.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I just spent $20.00 to try out this local restaurant and I was horribly disappopinted. I ordered garlic chicken and I wasn't sure what type of meat the dish was made of and neither could my daughter. I ordered general tao's for my daughter and the chicken (yes I could tell it was chicken) tasted like it was cooked in a spicy ketchup type sauce. I will say that the won ton soup was ok but I won't be going back to this restaurant to eat "ok" soup. Wow this was definitely some of the worst food I've ever had in Florida. I just threw the menu in the garbage. Now looking for something to eat for dinner...

1  Thank Oldsmar FL
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Did not stay to order eat-in in this 3 or 4 table take-out oriented eatery after long wait to be served.

1  Thank Auf Wiedersehen