A colleague and I spent three nights at HIE and the experience was a mixed bag. Positives were exceptionally friendly and efficient front desk staff, comfortable bed and excellent walking proximity to good restaurants.
Negatives: 1. Poor room cleaning logistics, or severely understaffed? We checked in on a Thursday at 6 p.m. and our rooms were still not ready until nearly 7 p.m.. On all three days after that the housekeeper appeared to refresh my room between 3 and 4 p.m. --very annoying if you're working in the room, or trying to take a nap. Surely this could be done earlier in the day.
2. Every morning about 6 a.m. the smell of cooking bacon started to permeate my room. Obviously my second floor room was directly above the kitchen. The first day it was sort of pleasant --a wake up call for breakfast --but was downright annoying by the third day. Better kitchen ventilation required.
3. The breakfast area is too small. Two of three mornings no tables were available and guests were eating on reception sofas, plates on their laps. Pretty tacky for a facility that demands $150 and up per night on weekends.
Overall, I got the sense that staff were trying valiantly to maintain quality standards, but some unknown constraints of the building or budget must have been thwarting their efforts. In a competitive market like Tampa Bay area, that just won't do for long.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Oldsmar hotel is conveniently located for business and leisure travelers alike. Minutes from Tampa International Airport (TPA) and St. Petersburg-Clearwater International Airport (PIE), our complimentary parking and local shuttle service within a five mile radius makes traveling around our hotel a breeze. In addition to amazing amenities, the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oldsmar also features 1500 square feet of meeting space as well as a boardroom for small meetings. Our highly experienced guest service team, and convenient location - 14 miles from Clearwater Beach, and just minutes from Tampa Bay Downs, Silver Dollar Shooters Club and Oldsmar BMX Supercross Track - makes the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oldsmar the perfect place to host a business or social event. Take advantage of our fully renovated 24 hour fitness center or relax by the outdoor heated pool. During your stay, experience a variety dining options fit for a foodie or visit some of the 25+ craft breweries along our "Gulp Coast." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Oldsmar
- Holiday Inn Oldsmar
- Oldsmar Holiday Inn