“Our weekly neighborhood dinner spot”
Review of Salsas Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Salsas Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 14, 2012

We were so glad when this place opened and have been dozens of times. Standard Mexican menu, everything is good and fairly consistent, service is always decent. Salsa is great. Prices are fair and in some cases excellent. The kind of place you can go any night of the week when you dont want to cook, and then again on a weekend with a group of friends.

Although it seems to have a few unconventional ingredients?, I have a particuylar fondness for the tortilla soup, as it is obviously made with fresh ingredients and real chicken broth. The burritos never dissappoint. Some of the burritos are so huge that you shold get a t-shirt if you can finish them. The check is rarely over $25 for the 2 of us unless of course its a Corona kind of night.

The daily specials are not to be missed either. Taco Tuesdays are $99 each! 3 of them makes a great meal. The Salsa Sampler on the weekends is an appetizer collection that is quite impressive for the price.

This is not the kind of place that you drive across town for, the place where you go anytime you want some good food at a good price with no hassle.

1  Thank annamoonbeam

Reviewed January 30, 2012

With multiple visits of experience, and the pounds to show for it, here are my thoughts-
1. The food is solid. I have tried a variety of items and all were acceptable.
2. The chips are free flowing and the salsa is plentiful. I add hot sauce to kick it up a bit as the sauce is mild...but the old folks can't handle the heat :)
3. The margaritas are tasty...and if you hit happy hour (until 7 I believe), the prices go from reasonable to downright cheap.
4. Overall, the prices are fair.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

My boyfriend and I had a very pleasurable experience. We read the reviews on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try.
Sure enough, just like the other reviews said, immediately when you sit down you get delicious chips and salsa. Our food was also brought out very quickly.
The service a fast and friendly. Our server was very nice and had, what I felt was, the perfect server behavior. He always came around at the right time but also didn't cone every second. He was great!
We will be back!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

The logo says "fresh and authentic". Not sure about authentic since I haven't been to Mexico in years, although the food was much better than recent trip to SanAntonio. Fresh- yes, fresh salsa, lettuce, tomatoes, guac, chips. Use to be an italian spot, bar on one side, tables on the other. Fresh paint, nice murals changed it into Ole. Viva Mexico, more or less. Menu is typical - specials, combos, fajitas. Margaritas $3.00 - YES. In contrast to another local Tampa establishment which shall remain anon, Salsas was bright and clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Great place for family, for girls night out, boys night at the bar, or even I want to be alone and share my salsa with NO ONE. Prices are inexpensive but they do not compromise on the fresh quality. Enchiladas were loaded with chicken. Not a dollop of sour cream but a nice 'enjoy amigo" portion. Guac was fresh but a little too lemony for me. Hot sauces on demand. Full bar. Sad to say, I didn't leave with a doggie bag for lunch tomorrow. The meal disappeared. Surprisingly, it was light, not overwhelmingly greasy or sauced. The individual flavors reigned. Ample parking, tv's for the sports fans. Nightly specials - food and drinks.

1  Thank myplez
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Beside the Modela on tap, the bartenders are the best part of this restaurant by far! Cute, young, personable and enthusiastic. And on Tuesday night they have a strolling mariachi band that we love. I thought the food was okay until I found the fundido dip. Order this and put it on top of ANY item and the menu comes alive.