“Just ok for me”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were visiting Tampa and met some friends that live here for dinner. I had tenderloin/shrimp/scallops kabob. My wife had bacon wrapped shrimp/ scallop kabobs. The food and drinks were all good but a little pricey I thought. The patio bar area seemed to be a hit as it was loud and pretty packed. Parking is horrible in that there was only one valet attendant and after waiting several minutes for him to return I opted to park on my own. Other businesses and a hotel in the area all have signs to keep you out so be ready for a walk. This fact alone will keep me from another visit.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I went for dinner on a Wednesday evening. They have a good Happy Hour with wines, cocktails, and beers. Our waitress was very good and attentive. My favorite is the Ahi Tuna salad. Consistently delicious. My husband had the lobster shrimp pasta. Huge tasty portions. We highly recommend City Fish as a consistently good restaurant in Oldsmar.

2  Thank mixaconsulting
Reviewed May 14, 2014

What a nice local find. I have to admit I have passed over this restaurant thinking it was too expensive for lunch. I now have it at the top of my list to recommend and I will be back to have dinner with my husband. I will also set it up for my airline girlfriends when we do our next get together for a great lunch and visit. The décor is lovely inside and outside. The lunch menu was one of the nicest I have seen with a very good variety of choices and price. I chose a salad with blackened grouper. It was served as a salad and had sushi rolls on the side. My friend chose crab and both were elegant and delicious. Save room for dessert! We shared a multi-layer cheese cake and it came with 3 scoops of ice cream. They also have a Happy Hour which will be on the "to do" list also.

1  Thank Jay M
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Good all around food and atmosphere. Sitting outside while still under cover is a must in Florida and they do it right, with fans and TVs. Mediterranean salad is outstanding!

1  Thank Mechyfw
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I was there Sunday for brunch and Tara was the server. She was friendly but whatever we needed we got ourselves. The restaurant was not cool and the booth we were in was in need of some new springs or repair. I felt as if I was sitting on the floor. Many of the dishes were not washed properly and I had to go thru a few dishes to find a clean one to use. The choices were minimal. Not at all what I am accustomed to. A lot of breakfast choices but no lunch choices. Shrimp and grits was like glue and hardly any shrimp. My husband got an eggs benedict with a hard English muffin. The ceasar salad was warm and limp. No cranberry sauce to go with the turkey. Desserts were nothing special either. I am not a fan of the chocolate fountain. I was hoping for a good piece of cheesecake but that was no where to be had. The champagne used in the mimosa's is the cheapest on the market and gave us a headache. Overall I am sorry to say that I was not impressed. I have had much better. Disappointed over all....

2  Thank S T