“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of City Fish Grill - CLOSED

City Fish Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Food is excellent, served at the proper temperature and in a reasonable amount of time. We chose to be seated on the patio. The furniture was not really clean and appeared to be badly in need of replacing. The area appeared to be in need of a good cleaning. I did not get a look at the dining area indoors but wondered at the time if it was any cleaner than the patio area. The food was very good though and the wait staff appeared to be friendly and accommodating.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bonk56

Mount Airy, Maryland, United States
“Good Food - Easy location to the hotels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

If your staying at any of the Oldsmar hotels, City Fish is one of your best bets if you just want to walk to dinner. Food is good, plenty of selection. Service is generally pretty good. Overall, no complaints.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank TravelerRob64
Tampa, Florida
“Sad but True”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

Ordered the Oyster's Rockefeller - never had it cold and dry before, sent it back. No one came to see why or if they could do something else. My husband ordered the Ahi - too bad there were only small silvers of it in the bottom of the salad.

This restaurant was our favorite but after the dry cold peel and eat shrimp among other items we have ordered since new owners/management? they are trying to cut corners and they will loose all the business that build up because of Great Food.

Please don't do this - rethink what you are doing. If you don't want to be CityFish any more than change the sign.

2 Thank Ciscokid17
HUDSON, FL
“Underwhelmed and Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I stopped in on Sunday after a day at the Tampa Bay Downs. I had been looking forward to eating at this restaurant for a long time. The place is attractively designed and very appealing, but the food was just not great.

We had the Oyster Rockefeller 1/2 Doz. $8.9 Stuffed with Spinach, Applewood Bacon and Parmesan Cheese, but I didn't taste much bacon or Parmesan and they were dry and not very hot. It's hard to serve a dry oyster, but they managed. A couple that was sitting next to us ordered the same thing and canceled their dinner order after they were served the oysters. We should have done the same thing.

We waited a long time for dinner, which I don't really mind. We enjoyed our drinks and chatted, but when dinner was served it was barely warm. Our server was in the weeds and that happens sometime. He was apologetic and was trying his best to accommodate us . For dinner I had the Bimini Grouper around $26 (I think) which was described as stuffed with Scallops, Shrimp, Crab and Topped with a Lemon White Wine Mushroom Sauce, but it was more like a pasty bread filling, and it really turned me off from the place (nowhere in the description mentioned breadcrumbs). I didn't taste any mushrooms or lemon and I never saw a scallop. My husband had ribs which were meaty and tender, but they were absolutely drenched in a syrupy BBQ sauce that overwhelmed the meat. The baked potato and asparagus was the best thing about the whole meal. We didn't bother to try dessert.

They had an interesting menu, drink special, sushi, nice appetizer menu, and I would have liked to have tried their brunch, but after this...I doubt we'll be back. Maybe, the sushi is better. Maybe the sandwiches, but I would not recommend the place for a special dinner or date night.

City Fish Grill has all the trendy bells and whistles, but when it came down to it, they didn't have good food.

2 Thank BRENDA M
Tarpon Springs, Florida
“Double header”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

In the last 7 days I have eaten at City Fish twice: first for dinner and then for lunch.

Last Tuesday 6 of us met for dinner there. We all have been there many times and have always been pleased. Without a rez (which is usually required in Snow Bird season) we were seated quickly a table we have come to think of as ours. Water arrived quickly along with menus and info about the specials. We ordered when the bread ( really warm) arrived our orders were roasted vegetable pasta,2 half racks of baby back ribs, steak sandwich, cedar plank salmon and something else I don't remember. Without exception everyone was very pleased with taste, presentation, and quantity of the entrees: enough for 2 meals at home later. Some of us had wine, some iced tea, a couple had Manhattans (Happy Hour) and water. Except for one "How is everything ?" the waitress left us alone for most of the meal. There were no complaints from anyone: all gave a thumbs up.

Lunch for 4 was last Monday. Our guests from Houston picked there based on the web site.We arrived at opening and had our pick of tables, taking one by the front window at the waiter's suggestion. Drinks and menus arrived and specials were discussed with the extremely helpful and pleasant waiter. Our meals consisted of a wedge of lettuce with blue cheese dressing, cobb salad, Tilapia platter, and Rueben sandwich. Service was quick and excellent as was the food. The Tilapia and the Cobb salad got very high marks
All were pleased, so pleased and comfortable that lunch lasted 3 hours and liquor was involved ! The waiter stopped by to clear dishes, provide beverage refills and basically left us alone.

You know, you kind of expect a place called City Fish would kind of slack off on non-fish items but they prepare the meat and pasta dishes every bit as well as the seafood. Continues to be an excellent dining experience.................

1 Thank tom c