“Really good brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of City Fish Grill - CLOSED

City Fish Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Winder, GA
“Really good brunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Friends and I visited for Sunday brunch on their recommendation. We weren't disappointed.

The spread was bountiful, the taste delicious, and the combination of Bloody Mary, mojito's, and margarita's was a sensory overload. The cedar plank salmon was especially tasty, as was the eggs Benedict.

All in all, it was a vibrant, enjoyable food scene.

• Visited September 2013
CrowdSmartMedia, Public Relations Manager at City Fish Grill, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
doublegdawg,

Thanks for your review! We're glad you liked brunch - and we agree, this is the best restaurant for Sunday Brunch for all your favorites, including the Bloody Mary Bar - awesome, huh?

Palm Harbor, FL
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family and I were thinking of a place to go get some seafood other than our usual spot, Red Lobster. After looking around on Yelp, I found City Fish again, so we said let's go there.

I first called ahead to reserve a table just to ensure that we wouldn't be waiting on a Friday night. When we got there, we were immediately seated, even though the restaurant was pretty packed.

After we were seated, the server gave us our menus and took our drink orders right away. The menu is pretty large with your typical food you'd expect to find, seafood, salads, pasta's and so on. We decided to start with the shrimp and lobster flat bread, which was delicious.

For the main course, I chose the shrimp and lobster pasta, which came as a rather large portion with some garlic bread, and was absolute delicious. Overall, our food was great, the potatoes au gratin are to die for, highly recommend them as a side.

The only reason I am not giving five stars is because of the server. We waited almost 15 minutes before he came back after we got our appetizers to order our main course. It appeared as if he was focusing more on a group of 8 that he had in his section, then the rest of us.

Will definitely be coming back here.

• Visited August 2013
CrowdSmartMedia, Public Relations Manager at City Fish Grill, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Rogo117,

Thanks for your review - we're glad you enjoyed it, and on a busy night it sounds like! We can't wait to have you back, and be sure to let management know you reviewed us on TripAdvisor!
Clearwater, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OMG..what happened to City Fish?? New management or what??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went there last night for dinner, service was terrible. Ordered an app & waitress never brought small plates, also never came back to check on everything. Finally got her attention to ask for water, at which time she asked if we wanted bread. When she brought the bread & water, she took my drink, which wasn't finished, and she didn't ask if I was done either! I didn't immediately notice since she was clearing appetizer plate. Food was very good except my flatbread was served "lukewarm", I guess it sat in the kitchen until my husband's dinner was ready!! My husband had his fork in his hand when the waitress asked if we wanted boxes...did we look like we were done eating?? Was she in a hurry to go home?? It was after 8:30 that we were eating, actually, at this point, it was probably more like 9:30. Finally, coffee...bottom of the pot MUD!! Most places won't serve botto of the pot coffee, but will brew a new pot. Not our waitress!! When we were leaving 2 hostesses & another employee were at the front desk & not one said a word to us as we left, they were involved in their own conversation! I think ALL your employees need refresher on GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!! We are crossing City Fish off our list of restaurants to frequent in Oldsmar!! Go to Flamestone Grill or Salt Rock Tavern for better food & service!!

• Visited August 2013
CrowdSmartMedia, Public Relations Manager at City Fish Grill, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Doreen,

We responded to your Facebook post as well, but certainly to add to our comments, we encourage you to reach out to us directly if we can do anything to resolve the issue.

Looking forward to re-earning your business.
Tampa, Florida
“Initial Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I visited City Fish with 3 others for dinner with drinks. The service was very good and the specials they offered were full of flavor. The swordfish and tuna dishes were prepared very well.
One person in our party got the Mediterranean salad and we found a latex glove in the salad. The night could have been ruined, but the manager and server were very apologetic and took extra care after the mishap. They took off half the bill and apologized for the error.
Most would not recommend a restaurant after such a misstep, but I judge how people react after a mistake and the steps they take to make the situation right. The City Fish management and staff were very professional and courteous. I'll go back again and recommend you try it.

• Visited August 2013
CrowdSmartMedia, Public Relations Manager at City Fish Grill, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
RandyB1963,

Thanks for your review - we appreciate you being understanding, and always look to providing a great experience. As someone who has been in the industry for some time, I can personally tell you that mistakes like this one happen, and I agree with you that the reaction is incredibly important. Thanks again for judging our actions, and giving us the benefit of the doubt. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Brunch of note”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

4 good friends, went this morning for brunch......reasonably priced and a buffet for fainting. All inclusive price includes fish, roated meats, almost every type of food you can think of for breakfast or lunch. sushi , fresh crab oysters etc. Great drinks..all in 1 price.

• Visited August 2013
CrowdSmartMedia, Public Relations Manager at City Fish Grill, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
LazyEXCTP,

We're glad you liked our brunch - we work hard to make it amazing for everyone! And thanks for leaving a review, your time is appreciated and we can't wait to see you again soon!