“Relaxing and Serene”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Old Town
palm harbor
“Relaxing and Serene”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Spent a beautiful fall weekend at the Suwannee Gables with some girl friends while the men went to the football game, we went antiquing in the little town, enjoyed a winery and hiked in the woods next to Ginny springs. We where right on the river with a joining cabins a full kitchen in between the rooms comfy and cozy and comfortable. A deck wrapped around our cabin and we spent every evening visiting and watching the river and it's life. In the mornings we had coffee on the deck watching the day on the river begin. The owners where very gracious and didn't mind our continuing questions of the area and it's history. We are looking forward to going back again maybe we will rent a boat and go on the river.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Spring Hill, Florida
Reviewed May 26, 2010

There are many other motels near by for MUCH LESS... but i picked this one because it had a image of a nice dock on their website for fishing and we have kids so i figured that would be a good time for them.... the dock in their photo is NOT what you get... it is old and it is NOT SAFE for anyone... the rooms are ok but are very dated and the pool had some green algee .... this is NOT an 80.00 per night room... more like 40.00... oh and they charge 10.00 extra per child that you are NOT informed about when you check in... they bill you after you leave... take my advice go somewhere else and spend less and have a better trip....

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank springsofflorida
Chickaloon , Alaska
Reviewed December 1, 2009

On our trip kayaking the Suwannee River this fall we used this motel right off the river in a perfect location for paddlers. The rooms were very clean and the service was excellent.
The staff went out of their way to make our stay pleasant.
I can only recommend this place for travelers in this area by boat or vehicle.
It is truly a piece of the "Old Florida" and southern hospitality.
The Brick Grill & Bar right across the street had excellent food.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
west Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I was very pleased with my stay. When I arrived everything was ready, the A/C was on and my paper work was prepared. The room was very clean. The staff was super nice and attentive. Great experience. I will be staying again. J. Patterson, Texas

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Merritt Island, Fl
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I had to work in Old Town. I am so use to hotel chains. no chains around! I called one that was 35 miles away and I told them where I was going to work and they gave me Suwannee Gables. I feel very blessed by getting there phone number. I stayed 3 days and it was like home away from home. The owners treated me like I was family! The room was perfect and not to forget I was right on the Suwannee River. It was so beautiful and quite I didn't even feel I was on a job assignment. I highly recommend Suwannee Gables to anyone wanting a quite, homey place to stay. I will be back for vacation. I wish all hotels were like this one! Because I live on the road traveling the US for my job. It would make it better for me to stay in places like this! I wouldn't miss home! Thanks Suwanne Gables! I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2009

My co-habitater and I normally stay at chain motels but none were available on the Suwannee River and we wanted to stay Way Down Upon the Suwannee River, just like the song says! We did!

We asked to see the room before we checked in and was surprised how nice it was! We would go back for another getaway again.

Price was a bit high, but great location and all prices nowadys are high for everything!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
berkeley, ca
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I visited Old Town with my girlfriend memorial day weekend, and we had a blast. The rooms were very clean and we were able to afford it for the few nights we stayed there. Coming from California, this was huge as we'd spent much on airline tickets. The river on which the motel is located is extremely beautiful, and though recent flooding damanged the docks, the owners tell us they're in the process of getting them repaired. A great value for clean rooms, I'd recommend it to my friends/family.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Chiefland
Putnam Lodge Hotel & Spa
Putnam Lodge Hotel & Spa
#1 of 2 in Cross City

Been to Suwannee Gables Motel and Marina? Share your experiences!