“A true beauty ...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Town
Yellow Jacket RV Resort
Reviewed March 24, 2014

In over 40 years of camping and RVing, I found Yellow Jacket to be one of the two most beautiful campgrounds I have ever had the pleasure to stay in. My wife and I were here in a motorhome for a month and one half starting in February 2014. The place is stunningly beautiful with Centennial Oaks with hanging Spanish Moss adding to their majesty. The sites are shaded and well spaced with full-hookups. There are cabins scattered about the grounds that look clean and well-tended. There are three ponds available for fishing and the Suwannee River is literally right behind the sites that look out onto the river. The hot tub and pool and also beautiful. There are boats for rent, and a boat launch area is also available. The office is staffed by friendly, helpful people and Bibi and Ron, are seven days-a-week hands-on owners who ensure the place is kept clean and attractive. Ice and firewood are available for sale at the office. The bathrooms and laundry are spotless, cleaned daily. I have no negatives about the place. This campground is a real winning place to stay, whether for a weekend or a long-term visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This RV park/campground is on the Suwannee River and is great for kayaking, boating and fishing. The pool area, hot tub area and grounds are beautifully landscaped. If you like "old" Florida you will love it here. Beautiful park.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Debvess
Reviewed March 3, 2014

As an earlier reviewer posted, when we headed into what appeared to be a remote, dirt road my wife and I were somewhat apprehensive. When we pulled our trailer in through the gate we were instantly pleased. The park was pretty, the trees and roadways nicely groomed. Every day workers were out cleaning the fallen Live Oak leaves. The park staff set the tone as they were friendly and helpful. the other guests seemed happy to include us in the activities. The washrooms and laundry were spotless. The heated pool and hot tub area was clean and very attractive. All the sites are large and easy to access. The riverfront sites are gorgeous,(we will request one on our next trip). Although there was no cell service it was not an issue for us. the wifi was excellent.
We stayed there for 3 days in our 5th wheel and will go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

When my wife and I turned down the dirt road that the campgrounds is on we both wondered what we had gotten ourselves in to. As we pulled our motorhome into the campground we realized that our first impression was not correct. The campground was built in the middle of a swamp and on the bank of the Suwannee River, and is beautiful (Kermit the Frog would love it here). We found that the sites were big and very clean. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The pool and hot tub were very clean and are open year round. The one negative about the resort is the lack of any activities, but if you are looking for a great place to relax then this should be your choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lou S
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We spent a month at the Yellow Jacket in our newly purchased Travel Trailer! The park is quiet, CLEAN and beautiful; landscaped with a lot of native Florida plants. The owners and staff were VERY friendly, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. (our 1st time in RV). Very easy to get there but very hard to leave! I would recommend this park to anyone looking for a place to get back to nature and just relax.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret D
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My family and I rented 2 joining cabins for about $800 for 3 nights. One cabin's AC didn't work. The management didn't offer us any solutions. The cabins smelled like dirty wet dog, the management team are rude and curt from the moment you check in. The boat dock should be cut lose and sent down river, I will have to pay someone to buff out all the scratches (and I had 3 bumpers). I could go on and on about this dump but I will leave you with this. My wife is a clean freak and had to clean the cabins when we arrived, she also cleaned them when we left (better than they did for us) we received a surprise $300 charge later the following week as a cleaning charge! We called and were met by the same rude snappy charm that seems to be the norm at this filthy place. Do yourself a favor and run!

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Chris S
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed here with our friends for the Memorial Day Weekend...It was suppose to be a relaxing weekend of FUN, but NO our Cabin was infested with black mold. It was in the Wall AC, your could see it growing on the wall and the SMELL was horrible. Their solution? Bleach, well that didn't help. Now lets talk about the water and that SMELL---It would make your stomach turn every time you turn on the water. Their solution? Nothing. Well I can tell you this, we had a solution! Its called, calling the various "government agencies" that oversee these type of establishments. My friends, the views on the river are so nice, so sad for this place to operate like this, and by the way- they have a STRICT NO-NO-NO REFUND POLICY!! (so glad my credit card company is more understanding to my dis-satisfaction!!) Don't waste your time or your money here. Go someplace else that 'values' their customers, as Yellow Jacket RV Resort DOESN"T!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank LoneWolfHunting

Been to Yellow Jacket RV Resort? Share your experiences!