“Always get chocolates from here!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Brown Cow Sweetery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Okeechobee
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a cafe which prides itself on fresh, quality offerings such as sandwiches (our Chicken Salad has become our signature), and a variety of quiche, salads and soups. In addition, we use organic coffee beans from the Dominican Republic to brew coffee and make espresso, lattes and frozen lattes. We carry a full line of handmade gourmet chocolates and 12 hand-dipped ice cream flavors and other sweets to tempt you. We welcome you to stop in and relax a while~ we have TV and free WiFi.
Okeechobee, Florida
“Always get chocolates from here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

If you have a special occasion, holiday, birthday, just in the mood for sweets....get a box of mixed chocolates from brown cow. They have a good variety and even offer gift boxes. My favorites are the chocolate covered oreos which come in milk, dark, or white. That's what's great about this place...almost any kind you want you get to choose wheather you want dark, milk, or white chocolate.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mk1825

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Good lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place is located off of hwy 70 (Park St). If you see the military park, it is located right across the street from it. They serve salads/sandwiches/coffees/confections and ice cream. They offer several varieties of sandwiches and you can pick the type of bread, as well as pick the condiment and can add more vegetables to your sandwich as you wish. I chose the tuna salad, which had the walnuts and cranberry added. Very nice. I have tried several varieties of their chocolates. I am not sure if there is any other place in O that make their own. The chocolate is very smooth, and those of you who are big on chocolate, I found the taste closer to Hersheys. The white chocolate is some of the best I have had. My only disappointment was the chocolate muffins. It almost tasted like a Duncan Hines mixture, with only a small amount of chocolate added. At least on this particular day, I expected to bite in and get a big taste of chocolate and it had a sweet cake taste. It was good, but not what I had expected. They also offer 12 different kinds of ice cream.
There is another sandwich shop down the road from them. I think they offer more 'different' types of food. Perhaps eclectic in nature, as well as hot sandwiches. They do offer some sweets, but the Brown cow had far more confections to offer. I think the Brown cow will appeal to people who don't want fancy sandwiches or salads. And that is not to insult the Brown Cow, just to say that there is a difference between the two places. And both are good in what they do.
I very much enjoyed my lunch and plan to go back as well as will be getting some more chocolates to bring to some friends. I think anyone who enjoys lunch type foods (and I hear people commenting on the great coffee-but I do not drink it so I cannot comment), and have a sweet tooth, will certainly not be disappointed to go here.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank maxona
“Wonderful sweets, great coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great place to go for coffee and light food. Quiche is one of my favorite things to eat.

Be prepared to have a long wait. well worth it.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Auburnalum1998
Sydney, Australia
“Great coffee & sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped off here on our way to see friends. Really friendly service & great coffee! I had the tuna salad sandwich, which was made fresh for me & I couldn't resist a taste of ice cream after, they have a great selection :-)
This place was a really nice surprise as most of the places we've been to so far in Florida are chain restaurants whereas this is clearly a family business & the owners obviously care about their customers & take pride in what they do. Highly recommended

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Lisa K
Okeechobee, Florida
“Yum. So good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The staff and owners are so nice and they feel like they are your friends, the chocolate is so good and the stellar coffee icecream is out of this world. I love the soup and sandwich specials and always recommend this place to all visitors for a great place to eat and enjoy grat treats too.My rating on one of the best meals is based on similar resturants and soup and sandwich specials.

• Visited October 2013