“So good we went back...”
Review of Nutmeg's Cafe

Nutmeg's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Okeechobee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Nutmeg's a a unique cafe with a variety of sandwiches and salads. Everyday we offer a different selection of homemade quiches, soups, desserts and 8 flavors of gourmet "Working Cow Homemade Ice Cream. We are open Monday - Friday 10:30 am-6pm & Saturday & Sunday 11am to 3pm. We are available for private bridal showers, baby showers and birthday parties during our off hours. Along with our baked goods that we do for the cafe we also are well known for our specialty cupcakes and cakeballs as well.
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were here last year when driving across Florida to see friends while on vacation. We happened to meet these same friends last month in Okeechobee and decided to go back to Nutmeg's Cafe for dessert and coffee. We were glad it was a Friday and they were open past 4 pm. The cupcakes were lovely and so affordable (we are used to silly northeast prices for cupcakes) and the coffee was great. The service was wonderful as it was the last time. We will go back again and again if back in the area!

1  Thank SpartanGirl3
meganmattson, Owner at Nutmeg's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your comment- I am so glad you enjoyed it. Yes I have thought about grilling that sandwich but I have been experimenting with muffuletta recipes and one said it should be cold-i am trying to make up more cold sandwich options for our guests . I will keep working on it and hopefully we will see you back again!

There are newer reviews for Nutmeg's Cafe

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am soup fanatic and am always looking for a place with consistently fine soup I stop at Nutmeg's a couple of times a week and always have the soup. Meagan's soup is the stuff of dreams! It is consistently the right temperature, filled with whatever wonderful things it ought to be filled with. She makes a taco soup..... That's what everyone thinks...so does everybody else! It is wonderful. loaded with beef, corn onions peppers. I had it for lunch today and then just had to try the 15 Bean Soup! Both were superb.

1  Thank movenman
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nutmeg's is just off the main drag in Okeechobee but I had difficulty finding it...called the restaurant but was given poor directions. I had the pear and cashew salad which was hearty and satisfying but would suggest they use fresh pears, not canned. Service was quick and friendly.

1  Thank saramana
meganmattson, Owner at Nutmeg's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your comment - I apologize for the poor directions and wish I knew who gave them to you. It is sometimes hard to explain to our out of town guests as they are not familiar with local stores or landmarks. I am glad you liked the salad and I have considered using fresh pears but they are not always available and I would like the salad to be consistent all year. I use as many fresh ingredients as possible but for this salad I did not see a huge taste difference and there might be some revolts if I took it off the menu for part of the year!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I travel a lot for work, and enjoy finding off the path places to eat in the different towns I visit. Nutmeg's was a gem to find, and I'll be sure to be back my next time through. A unique selection of meals, the three in my party each tried a different panini and we were all happy with our selections. Saw some other customers order salads which looked tempting as well. Great prices, cozy charm, and a refreshing meal, a definite must try!

meganmattson, Owner at Nutmeg's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for stopping by while you were in town, and taking the time to write a review. The reviews really help a new business like us get the word out!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Used Tripadvisor to find a yummy lunch spot and discovered Nutmeg's. Chicken salad with poppyseeds and a side salad---just like you'd get in a deli in a bigger city, plus cold iced tea! Décor is fun with each table and chair a different color and style. Definitely will return.

1  Thank schmante