“Charming”

Nutmeg's Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Okeechobee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Nutmeg's a a unique cafe with a variety of sandwiches and salads. Everyday we offer a different selection of homemade quiches, soups, desserts and 8 flavors of gourmet "Working Cow Homemade Ice Cream. We are open Monday - Friday 10:30 am-6pm & Saturday & Sunday 11am to 3pm. We are available for private bridal showers, baby showers and birthday parties during our off hours. Along with our baked goods that we do for the cafe we also are well known for our specialty cupcakes and cakeballs as well.
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had a wonderful lunch at Nutmegs with a dear friend in early March. We enjoyed the green tom and cheese quiche yummy and also the atmosphere and service was lovely! Good job!

1  Thank Lois40955

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visiting Okeechobee with my husband on a fishing trip. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, we had to try this place. It was a little difficult to find, but definitely worth the search. The atmosphere was quaint, cozy and very clean, and the staff were friendly and attentive. I tried the chicken salad on a croissant with a side of fresh fruit which was very good. My husband ordered the ham and pear crisp. I would never have thought to come up with this combination for a panini, but my husband loved it. He ordered the pasta salad as his side which was also very tasty. Unfortunately, we were too full for dessert. Hopefully we will be able to go back before we leave. I would love to try one of the soups or quiches.

2  Thank TNBetty
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Read the reviews of a new place in Okeechobee so rode the motorcycle 130 miles for a meal. You might need to call ahead if you are planning on getting there right when they open as there are different hours on their Facebook page. At least for this Sun they opened at 1100 and Facebook site stated 1200. Maybe that was why we were the only ones there. But that was great for us. The place sits about 25. You might miss it if you aren't carefull as it is off 4th Ave in a non-descript building and it is right in the middle. They have some unique sandwiches and everyone enjoyed their meal. The soup was great and the deserts though tempting looked great. The decor is rather lacy and harkens to a time in the past. They served hot tea with your own kettle and the ladies enjoyed the diversion. If you are in the area and looking for something besides the typical BBQ or fried everything platter I would recommend giving this place a try.

1  Thank Hogride
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Thank you TripAdvisor. This is a great find for trips across the state. Very surprising originality in the menu choices for Okeechobee.

1  Thank 1reason2wk
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great soups and sandwiches, I try something different every visit and it just keeps getting better and better.

1  Thank Riah D

Been to Nutmeg's Cafe? Share your experiences!