“Excellent Outdoor Adventure” 5 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Excellent Outdoor Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Wagon Wheel Horse Farm is one of the only places in the northern Lake Okeechobee area where you can enjoy a horse ride for all ages through a beautiful nature preserve. The guides are very knowledgeable and willing to explain the basics to anyone who wants to learn.

There is no age limit to ride a horse here although a good measure is having the proper strength to maintain control of the reigns as the horses will often attempt to eat during the ride and you must be able to keep them going to really enjoy the experience and not slow the rest of your group down while someone turns around to help you.

While I have been on many different horseback riding experiences around the United States, this is one of the most in-depth and longest journeys of them all. Some places will charge you north of one hundred dollars per person and deliver no more than 30 minutes on the trail. Wagon Wheel Horse Farm aims to blaze past this as our ride lasted a full hour and maybe a little longer.

We were truly impressed and would easily recommend this place to anyone who asked for something to do in the Lake Okeechobee area.

Visited November 2012
6 Thank Brian S

Palm Beach, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best Trail Ride Ever! Don't Miss Out!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

If you are looking for the best horse trail ride, look no further than Wagon Wheel Horse Farm in Okeechobee, Florida. As a Florida resident, I found their website online and I am so glad that I did. First off, Michelle and Rick, the owners, are 2 of the nicest people I have ever come across in Florida! I had booked a 2 hour trail ride for my boyfriend and I to celebrate his birthday. From the moment we pulled up on the farm, we were welcomed and felt so comfortable. The farm is also very lovely with goats, chickens, and lots of farm animals to see! I have been riding since I was young and I have been on a lot of trail rides in my day but this trail ride was the BEST BY FAR that I have ever been on!!! The horses were beautiful and very happy which made them a pleasure to ride. You could tell that the horses were well taken care of. Michelle even told us about each of the horses which made our ride very personable. The trail that we were taken on was simply gorgeous! It was so serene, peaceful, tranquil, and it was so great to experience such a beautiful ride in the open countryside. My boyfriend and I were actually sad when the trail ride came to an end because we were having such a wonderful time. We are still talking about what an amazing trail ride we had...and we are back home almost a week already! I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND Wagon Wheel Horse Farm in Okeechobee if you are looking for THE BEST trail ride, it will be an experience that you will never forget! We cannot wait to go back again. Michelle also told us that they have full day trail rides as well as overnight camping with the horses which is something that we are going to book next!
Overall, Wagon Wheel Horse Farm should be your #1 call if you are looking for an amazing trail ride. Thank you so much Michelle and Rick for giving us such a wonderful experience that we will treasure for years to come. We will be back soon and can't wait to see you!

Visited May 2012
4 Thank HisJewel29
Okeechobee, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A WONDERFUL FIND...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

Michelle, the owner, is very nice and so knowledgeable. You can take lessons from her or go on trail rides, which are amazing!! She is very laid back and makes you feel so comfortable. The horses are beautiful! And she is only 2 miles from the center of town!!!

Visited March 2012