“Good considering motel is older” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn Okeechobee

Budget Inn Okeechobee
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Okeechobee
Okeechobee, Florida
“Good considering motel is older”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Have stayed here many times. Granted, the motel itself is older and has several features that are not on par with modern, newer establishments, specifically the size of the bathrooms. However, I took these items into consideration when staying here. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is very friendly and hardworking. They have continually upgraded the continental breakfast, taking into consideration peoples' requests and suggestions. They also constantly try to improve the rooms and service. Overall, I have been pleased with my stays here. The price was right for this type of establishment. It's not the Hilton, it's not meant to be. But, for a budget motel, it's not bad. If you want an inexpensive, satisfactory stay, I recommend it if you take its age into consideration before you go.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Upon checking in at budget inn the room I was given was not ready when I checked in at two p.m. I had to wait. On top of that the next morning I woke up and there were roaches crawling on the wall! Upon check out I mentioned to the front desk about the roaches and all I got was "okay ill have someone spray" I will not stat at this hotel again its not clean enough and over priced!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank strawberryshort
Vernon, Alabama, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The whole time we have been here, the continental breakfast has included expired food which has made most of our children sick!! Then when we go to complain the manager says "we can't help that!!" Bullcrap!! We ask why the pool is closed at five and they say because that is when they close it when most of the advertising inside the rooms say 7 and dusk! Bullcrap!! They haven't had the pool open since we got here Sunday the 30th. Then today we finally get to swim at the pool and we get out to eat lunch. when we start back to swim it is closed for a "private party" that's funny that the only hotel guests here are me and my family and the pool is closed for a private party!!! Bullcrap!! that's funny isn't a hotel pool only for the guests. they should not be having a private party for non guest right.. In each of the five rooms there is roaches, malfunctioning electrical problems, plumbing problems and the air conditioners are crappy. The staff are nice except for the snobby, rude manager. I do not recommend coming to this Budget Inn. it is not worth the money. This is bullCrap!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ashley A
ShirleyM24, General Manager at Budget Inn Okeechobee, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
We went out of our way to make you happy and feel at home. I don't understand if it was so bad why you stayed for 6 days. We clean our rooms everyday and are sprayed twice a month. When it was brought to our attention about the expired snacks we pulled them from the breakfast bar. When we have bad weather we have to shut the pool down by our inspector requirements. Thank you and if you have any questions please feel free to call Lisa General Manager at 863-763-3185.

Travelers are raving about these Okeechobee hotels

Turin, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel motel has an unsatisfactory ratio cost versus quality: room 110 needs decoration and repair, floor carpet smells, the atmosphere is dark, breakfast is miserable.
Some customers may find the location on the main road as convenient, but I did not because of the traffic.
The only positive point is the bed, or better the mattress.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank robertolong
ShirleyM24, Manager at Budget Inn Okeechobee, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I am sorry you did not like your stay with us. We are always making improvements to our hotel. We always ask our guest when they are checking out if everything was ok with the room you should have let us know there was a problem. If you every come this way again please stop in and see us would love to show you a room before you check in and I have rooms on the backside away from the traffic. I hope to see you again would like for you to have a good stay with us. Thank you for your feed back so we can make more improvements to our hotel.
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

By giving this motel an "Average" rating, that is to say that is certainly adequate for a night or two stay. The room was clean and roomy enough. Although a bit dated, it was fine and not a problem. It is convenient to be able to park right outside your room and that's a plus for me when I have lots of luggage I need to lug into a room.

The clerks at the desk were quick to respond when we went into the very small office and rang the bell for attention. My biggest complaint is the lack of a hair dryer to use. We travel a lot and I don't believe we've ever stayed in a place that did not have at least a "loaner" for guests to use. I never bring a hair dryer on a trip anymore, because they are always available -- but, not at this budget Inn. The lady said they'd had too many hair dryers go missing when guests borrowed them. I suggested they at least take a deposit that would be returned to the guest when they brought back the hair dryer. Oh, well, I left the place with damp hair.

The continental breakfast was a wrapped bun, there was not even any coffee that morning. That was not a bother, because we didn't expect much in the way of breakfast there. We stopped by the McDonald's down the street.

If you're looking for a place to sleep as you travel through the Okeechobee area, this motel would certainly be adequate for your needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoyfulWriter
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our page. I am glad you had a good stay with us. We are doing lots of improvements to our hotel all the time. We have put alot of work into our rooms. Would love to show you a room if you come to the area again and stay with us. Thank you and have a nice day from the staff of the Budget Inn of Okeechobee.
Upstate New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hard to beat the Price of a large, clean room. Central location just off Busy South Parrott Ave. Walking distance to local American Legion Post where many friendly people hold weekly nightly events... Like Taco, Margarita night (thursday?) Friendly staff very knowledgeable about the local attractions etc. Average motel, parking limited but adequate. Would stay there again for location and value. If you hunt or fish with Ron's guide service mention them and you recieve a discounted price on your room.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to So. Parrott ave are a little bit noisy due to proximity of Ave. (close) Traffic, get...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mongoose59
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am happy you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am glad my staff took care of you. Look forward to you stay with us again. Thank you from the staff of the Budget Inn of Okeechobee!
cherry valley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

First of all they billed our credit card 4 days before stay. Check their cancellation policy-has to be cacelled the afternoon prior to your days stay or they bill you for a nights stay.First room they assigned us had no working fridge so they reluctantly allowed us to move. The new room had dust bunnies hanging from walls and ceiling. The microwave didnt work properly,the bathroom door frames were rotting, the toilet wasnt bolted to the floor and a million or so ants were travelling around the floor. The pool was shut down and not very nice looking,it is located next to a dog pen with a couple of dogs wandering in it. The lovely picnic area they show in photos is a battered up table sitting in a dirty area with an old upholstered chair. The continental breakfast was supposed to be served from 7 until---. We left at 7:10 and the office was still closed tight so not even a coffee for our money. Only booked here because it was one of the few places accepting dogs in the area and we paid $15 extra for that .At a total of 105 dollars with tax I would expext more. Wont be back

Room Tip: no room would be good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gail C
We always try to hope our guest have a good stay with us, I am sorry your stay wasn't. During the winter time is when we do improvements to the pool area, so I am sorry you was not aware of the pool being closed. Also the pet area is for all guest with dogs so they can give them some running time. Its part of our pet friendly hotel. We have two bbq areas one by the pool and the other one is by room 112. Our breakfast is always open from 7 to 10 everyday. Again I am sorry you didn't have a pleasant stay! We are doing improvements on our hotel so please feel free to stop by and look at our rooms before you check in and let me know if there is a problem I will take care of it.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okeechobee
Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Scottish Inns Okeechobee
Scottish Inns Okeechobee
#6 of 11 in Okeechobee
4.5 of 5 stars 14 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 486 reviews
Travelodge Suites Lake Okeechobee
Pier II Resort
Pier II Resort
#4 of 11 in Okeechobee
4.0 of 5 stars 84 reviews

Been to Budget Inn Okeechobee? Share your experiences!