“Great place”

Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Okeechobee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The hotel is very nice, everything was clean and looked new, the staff greeted us and was very friendly. She also made a great recomendation on a place to eat by the lake. I would definately stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robert G

Reviewed May 8, 2013

They changed the price of billing for my stay. Got NO HELP from manager when I called to correct. Keep all of your receipts and paperwork. Had to call 5 times to get a manager, she would never call me back and when I did get her, she treated me like I was a bill collector.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Mr Thomas C,

I would like to take a moment to clarify a few items that were mentioned on your recent survey. When you checked in to the hotel on April 30th, you were quoted a $79 rate, which you were given after you were not pleased with our best available rate. This was a $40 discount. We honored the $79 rate, nothing was ever manipulated. You signed a registration card, which had the $79 rate printed on it. By signing the registration card, you were acknowledging the rate. Looking back at the record history, which Hilton also has access to, the originally quoted rate of $79 is the rate which was charged to your credit card. We would never do something as deceitful as that. Also, we did not speak at all regarding any rate changes that were made to your credit card, I never received a phone call from you and you never received a phone call from me. We spoke on the morning you checked out, when I offered you a 20% discount on our best available rate for your future stays, which you declined. Just because you declined the offer, does not mean that we changed your rate for your stay or previous stays. Like I said before, that is not how we operate. While we do appreciate the business you brought to our hotel, I am sorry that we can not accommodate your rate requests.

Jennifer Lineberry
Hampton Inn Okeechobee
(863)824-0003

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This Hampton Inn did not meet our expectations from other stays at various Hampton Inn locations. Our room furniture was very dusty, and I had to clean it myself. The room had no microwave or refrigerator, despite what we always book online, and the clerk argued with us that it would require an upgrade and more money. The beds were comfortable, and there were plenty of towels. Continental breakfast was good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jennifer L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Roy W,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay with us at Hampton Inn Okeechobee, Fl. We appreciate your concerns, and have addressed them with our room attendants. We want nothing more than to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms. So I am disappointed that we were lacking on our dusting of your room, but I have addressed the importance of dusting correctly and I will follow up on it. Regarding the microwave and refrigerators in the rooms, our hotel does not have them in every room. The rooms with the microwaves and refrigerators are available at a premium rate, meaning they are a little more expensive. The descriptions of every room are on our brand website as well as third party websites. Unfortunatley, not every Hampton Inn is exactly the same when it comes to room types, so I apologize for the misunderstanding. If I can be of any further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I would be happy to help. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope to see you again soon!

Hospitably,

Jennifer Lineberry
(863)824-0003

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Friendly Staff, central location, good pool, exercise room, the hotel was quiet and clean. The only off thing about the hotel was that the food was only average.. The hotel is near all of the places in Okeechobee. Only 10mns from two excellent gun ranges. I would recommend staying at this hotel anytime you are in Okeechobee, FL...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank Mike. C
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I read these messages for every trip I take so thought it only appropriate to write about my experiences. We use this hotel every time we go to fish on Lake O, which is about once a month. The staff is extremely helpful. The rooms are typical and the a/c can be loud, but it tends to block the noise from outside, since the walls are a little thin. I've tried other hotels in the area and always come back to this one. This is a well maintained hotel and has always been clean. The hot portion of the breakfast, with the exception of the waffles, leaves a little to be desired but the lady serving it, is one of the nicest people I've met. Can't blame her for having to use microwaveable foods.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dale T
Reviewed April 22, 2013

When traveling between South Florida and Central Florida this is a very nice property. The reception is very cordial and welcoming with a well trained and friendly staff. Rooms are typical Hampton Inn with no unwelcome surprises. Bed was very comfortable, room and bathroom were well maintained and clean.
Breakfast area again was well maintained and breakfast items were well stocked and served at the right temperature.
This is a very nice Hampton Inn and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Very clean rooms. I was pleasantly surprised of the friendliness of the staff both at the front desk at at breakfast. For a hotel kind of in the middle of nowhere, this is a great choice. Even upon walking in late at night, the front desk staff was still nice enough to come out to greet me. Also, the free breakfast was exceptionally wonderful. Free coffee and tea is always at hand in the lobby and the wifi connection in the rooms was excellent. Would come back again if I was in the area for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Michelle B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okeechobee
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
#2 of 11 in Okeechobee
Budget Inn Okeechobee
Budget Inn Okeechobee
#10 of 11 in Okeechobee

Been to Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee? Share your experiences!