“***BED BUGS!!!***”

Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Okeechobee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Very disgusted!!! Bed bugs were crawling & pictures to prove it! Hotel Transylvania it is...cannot believe the newest hotel in Okeechobee is infested! So much for clean...is what they ironically advertise as soon as you step into the Hampton Inn at Okeechobee. We've stayed in plenty hotels/inns/motels even the smallest places since 1975. Never had we seen a bed bug till now! Gross indeed! Placed a concern to their corporate office and they stated to call back within 3 business days. It's been 4...so much for customer service too! Therefore, if interested in staying in Okeechobee would recommended even the Economy Inn, Travel Lodge or even The Pier II. Don't be fooled by the Hampton's false advertising, not unless you want to be desert for those very nasty critters!!! Keep in mind what bed bugs carry & what they are transmitting!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank FloridaGRL210
Kyle V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

I want to sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we strive to provide our guests with 100% satisfaction. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and can assure you the problem has been addressed. We value your concerns and I’m truly sorry for our delay in getting back to you. Please reach out to me directly so I can assist in making things right. Again, I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

(863) 824-0003

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Had to leave due to ticks infested rooms. Luckily we noticed shorty after laying down to sleep and we were not there too long prior to bedtime. They come out when the lights are turn off. Maybe the aftermath of a some visitor with dog or animals with ticks. We Left as soon as we noticed but the other people in party decided to stay and voiced bites in the middle of the night. Great food for ticks.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in okeechobee's Hampton Inn.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank football t
Kyle V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Football T - I am very sorry about the unfortunate experience you had with us. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. I ask that you contact me directly so I can speak with you and gather more details to help make things right. [Kyle Von Kohorn; (863) 824-0003]

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed two nights in order to visit Kissimmee Prairie (fantastic place!!!). The room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good, if a little sweet for my taste.
We would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rexgom
Kyle V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Rexgom,

We appreciate your feedback, and are excited that you enjoyed your stay here in Okeechobee. It is excellent that you had a chance to see the Prairie - I agree it is a great place and only 30 miles from the property. Its a wonderful area to go see florida wildlife in its prime.

We know you have a choice in accomodations and thank you for choosing us here at the Hampton Inn Okeechobee.

Hospitably,

(863)-824-0003
kyle.vonkohorn@hilton.com

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is new. I had a suite with a sofa, chair, and desk. The desk chair was nicely padded, They even had the NFL channel on tv, Has a fridge and microwave, nice kitchen area. The work out room had free weights. The breakfast was above average, with omelets, sausage and home fries along with the waffles, yogurt and other usual fare. The only down side is that the a/c unit in the suite is the same size as for a regular room. Thus I could not get the room cool enough for me. They have an outdoor pool, and you can walk to the Applesbee's . It was a bit pricey for the area. But if have to stay in that town, this is the place to pick.
They did not have the usual Hampton "breakfast to go" packages that I like to take.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sendmehome
Kyle V, General Manager at Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Dear Sendmehome,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property as we appreciate all feedback. I can assure you the next time you're in need of our signature 'Breakfast-on-the-Run' bags, that it will be there when you're in a hurry.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Hospitably,

(863) 824-0003
kyle.vonkohorn@hilton.com

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went there for a jet ski ride up the Kissimmee River. Stayed there with my children and wife. It was a good hotel for the money and I had no problems keeping the jet skis there. The town is a little boring, but that's not part of the hotel review. There is an Applebee's right in front of the hotel, so it made dinner easy. For those who would like to go hunting, boating, ATV riding, etc., this is a good solid hotel for the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is the free hot breakfast buffet--biscuits & sausage gravy, scrambled eggs, waffles, blueberry muffins, apple danishes, fruit, fruit juices (apple & orange), yogurt, cereal, and more. For dinner we walked a few feet to the Applebee's right in front of the hotel. The hotel employees were all very friendly. I liked how the pool had a fence with bushes to give it some privacy. It had a gradual slope from 3 feet to 5 feet--perfect for kids (not perfect for anyone who wants to dive). We used the pool as the sun was starting to set and I worried my toddler would get cold. But the pool was heated as warm as her bath water! So again, great for kids, not great for me wanting to cool off after a hot July day in Florida. My room was very clean, except for a big stain in the middle of the carpet. The air conditioner was a little noisy but worked well. There was a bad leak from the ceiling vent in the bathroom coming from the bathroom upstairs. But I told them about it before I left and the front desk lady immediately got on the phone to their maintenance person. I was disappointed there was no fridge or microwave in our room. The two queen beds were comfortable, but the comforter was so heavy, I had to remove it because I couldn't move. The room wasn't very sound-proof. I was on the ground floor and was awakened in the morning by people talking in the hall and people talking outside in the parking lot. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would probably come back if I needed a hotel in Okeechobee.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laurie S
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We go to Okeechobee often and we have stayed at several places only to be disppointed to different degrees from bad to worse and then some. Hands down there simply is NO Better place to stay in Okeechobee , Florida !!!! NO other place at all not even the Holiday Inn Express which does not even begin to compare !!!!
To make matters even better they have just opened a brand new Applebees' just outside the Hotel which is a welcome addition to a peaceful and relaxing place to spend the week end or time during the week. Hotel is only second to it's staff who are great and much better then ALL the other hotels in the area !! Much Better !!!
We cannot say enough about this hotel , it's staff or even it's breakfast.
The only thing we would really like to see there would be a Jacuzzi by the pool which would make things absolutely perfect !!!
If you stay in Okeechobee and stay at The Hampton Inn you will NOT be disppointed I am sure and have no doubts you will enjoy it as much as we do , did and will again and again !! :O)

Room Tip: For just a few dollars more you can get a great suite too !!! to give your wife or girlfroend a spec...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RichieBoca
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okeechobee
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
#2 of 11 in Okeechobee
Budget Inn Okeechobee
Budget Inn Okeechobee
#10 of 11 in Okeechobee

Been to Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee? Share your experiences!