“Not So Good”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Came in to order Prime rib on a Sunday nite about 6:00, only Prime Rib left wes Medium to Medium well, so we order fish tacos, (terrible) and Filet (terrible), service was very slow got the salad with the meal, We have been here quite a few times, and it seems to get worse every time we go. This will be the last time

3  Thank dasmith2020

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Done never to return ! Slow when arrived no greeting no hosts left to fend for ourselves. Server putting hair on ponytail in dining room no bread offered food came cold and inedible sent back came back with manager and was still bad I will spend my $$ elsewhere

1  Thank cabinstuff11
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Went to Pappa's Ranch for our anniversary dinner with family. Had a great waiter who made our experience wonderful. Funny and friendly. Had great food. A very unique calamari that was really good. Overall great family experience. Would recommend the restaurant to all.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Friday night was my very first experience with Pappas Ranch. Located between New Port Richey and Odessa on Hwy 54, it sits out kind of in the middle of nowhere but is easily found since 54 is one of the up and coming transportation routes for those wishing to avoid the toll road or 19.

The menu is varied enough without too many selections to choose from. They have an interesting balance of traditional southern classics mixed with a few Greek specialties with a southern twist. The place is decorated nicely and comfortably seats a good number of people without being over-crowded and noisy. The bar is situated away from the main dining area, no smoking and there is also outdoor dining for those wishing to enjoy sit outside. The portions are above average, pricing is average or slightly above (but allows for ample portions). The wait staff was adequate, immediate seating was available although we did arrive past the dinner hour for a Friday night. Tableside service was good, friendly waiter and the prep-to-serve time was punctual. Their homemade bread (made fresh daily) was outstanding. I had a combo platter of pulled pork with 1/4 chicken, sweet Caribbean slaw and French-fried sweet potatoes, all excellent. My husband had the fried conch fritters, Caribbean slaw and traditional fries, all excellent. I took home a doggy bag..... portions are very generous for the price. For dessert, we had a 4-layer chocolate cake that was excellent although the waiter admitted they do not make them there. All-in-all, the service, food and atmosphere were above average and I most certainly will be eating there again. Highly recommended for travelers since the service was quick, yet the menu varied for those with dietary needs. I give this place a 4.5 of 5 easily!

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here a few times and have never had a bad experience. I absolutely love their Sangria w/ the cinnamon sugar rimmed glass! They have it on happy hour every time I eat there, so that's definitely a plus! I've never had a bad meal. My favorite is the pulled pork sandwich on Texas Toast and their "kick-[--] baked beans."