“Best Thai in Orlando”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 29, 2009

I've had lunch and dinner here at least 5 times and they never disappoint. GREAT dishes with wonderful flavors. I'm not a Thai connoisseur but the staff are helpful and suggesting certain items.

The dining area is very well decorated and can be romantic if your dining with someone special.

They are quick whether you're dining in or taking out. I've come in off the street before and ordered dinner for 4 and have only waited just 10 minutes or so.

By the way - You get a lot of food!

1  Thank Patrick G

Reviewed February 15, 2009

It is a delightful place to eat. The food is excellent. The decor is charming and the staff is courtesy. They will make the food from no hot to very hot, totally up to you!

1  Thank whimisical
Reviewed January 18, 2009

This place should make your places to eat list if you are in the Orlando area.

Once you walk inside, you forget that you are in a strip mall. The walls are nicely decorated with wood. The service has always been quick and attentive. I have done a lot of traveling in the past, and this is my favorite Thai food. My favorite thing on their menu is the "amazing" and it is amazing!!!

1  Thank inymdreams
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I travel quite a bit, and one of my favorite things to do in my travels is to sample the local food. I have always been fond of Thai food, and have been to many good (and mediocre) Thai restaurants around the world. I have favorites I go to in different cities that I travel to, and try to find new ones as well. The best Thai food I have ever had has been in Thailand, of course! Now, I have lived in Central Florida for pretty much my entire life, and have gotten used to the fact that Orlando does not offer a lot in the way of "great" restaurants, so I consider myself lucky that I do get to travel and dine in some spectacular places elsewhere. However, I always keep a lookout for new places here, and when I hear good reviews of a new restaurant, I go and check it out for myself. Let me start out by saying that I felt positive Soong Thai would be good because of all the good reviews. But I was not prepared for the experience that simply blew my wife and myself away. From the appetizer and the soup, to the main courses and even the rice, this is by far, without a doubt, the best Thai food I have ever had, Thailand or elsewhere. I judge a Thai restaurant on their "Pad Thai Noodles" and this simple dish was outstanding, far bypassing any "Pad Thai" that I have ever had before. We shared the "Soong Thai Sampler for 2," consisting of egg rolls, spring rolls, Shrimp tempura, fried Wonton and Crab Rangoon- every one perfectly cooked and fresh. The soups are outstanding as well, and the main dishes- we had Panang Chicken and Pad Prik Beef- both dishes were the perfect blend of spices and ingredients, served with wonderfully fluffy Thai rice. The menu is rather large, with 4 duck dishes and 5 squid dishes. They also have substantial Vegetarian AND Macrobiotic choices. To top everything off, the service was friendly and courteous, they are genuinely happy to have you as their guest, which is the Thai way! I cannot wait to return and try another dish from this phenomenal restaurant, I cannot begin to express how happy I am to have found this stunning restaurant in my own back yard!

2  Thank cosmokazi
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Great place in all aspects.....food is delicious....prices are resonable...waitstaff is terrific, without being overbearing.............Any duck dish would suit the finest palates from the largest cities.....try Soong Thai and be so satisfied!!

2  Thank gvizier