“Great Food Great People”
Review of Soong Thai

Soong Thai
Ranked #9 of 110 Restaurants in Ocoee
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Ocoee, Fl
“Great Food Great People”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have been dining here for a number of years and are always pleased with the food and service. It brings back memories of my days in Thailand. The presentation is authentic.

• Visited December 2013

Wolverhampton, UK
“Favourite Restaurant in Ocoee”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We never pass on a chance to eat at Soong Thai. Such lovely people and delicious food.
Somehow we all know our favourites ~ Seafood Tempura, Pad Thai being mine.
Served on deiightful platters in the shape of Fish & Ducks.
We don't mind staff who are learning & who speak broken english ~ it all adds to the experience, we are always made to feel welcome & greeted like old friends each year we visit.

Visited November 2013
Orlando, FL
“Was a great place but now it's average....”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I have eaten here many of times over the last 6-7 years. I even gave it a prior glowing review many years ago.

A lot has changed since then. It is my understanding that the owner sold the business to someone else several years ago. The place still has the yummy amazing sauce. However, the food portions have gotten a lot smaller and the prices have gone up a lot too. They now nickle and dime you on everything. If you want to trade out the veggie that comes with your meal for another veggie, it costs you. If you want more rice than the small amount they put on your plate, it costs you. If you want more than one drink, it costs you. Plus, the service is not very good.

I still eat there on occasion, but there are other places I prefer. Although I am not deleting my old post (in hopes that this place will one day return to its roots), I feel like I need to pass on my revised opinion.

• Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“Favorite Restaurant in Orlando Area”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have been going here for around five years now and love it. Whenever my wife and I have guests we always take them here. It is a smaller restaurant with a cozy feeling. There is a high turnover rate with staff so every once in a while you get someone new who is still learning customer service and english; but this is true of most authentic "exotic ma and pa" establishments. Never has it degraded the experience though. The presentation of the food is impeccable and only surpassed by the quality. And to top it off the prices are great. Some of my guests who are accustomed to dropping $200 for similar meals are shocked when the bill comes to less than $70. Also they have great vegetarian meals. If you like peanut sauce I highly recommend the Amazing Eggplant!

My son reached his terrible two's early and has caused a scene there a couple times. They never made us feel unwelcome. When I move I am going to miss this place.

• Visited August 2013
Windermere, Florida
“Tasty Thai”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Very nice Thai restaurant in a nondescript plaza. Great service, excellent presentation of dishes and tasty entrees. Try the Pad Thai.

Early bird 4-6 includes soup and salad with your entree.

• Visited September 2013