“Outstanding food, wonderful people”
Review of Soong Thai

Soong Thai
Ranked #8 of 108 Restaurants in Ocoee
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Outstanding food, wonderful people”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Far and away, the very best Thai restaurant in greater Orlando. It's a typical strip mall restaurant on the outside and a warm, welcoming place on the inside. Every single member of the staff has a smile and seems to genuinely care as to whether the customers are enjoying themselves.

The portions of food are generous, the meals are attractively presented and everything tastes really good.

Is this a glamorous five-star dining experience? -- Nope. But it is absolutely the best of what it is, and that's why it gets five dots from me.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank NewSmyrnaJoe

“Fabulous Food!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We love this little Thai restaurant! It has great food & wonderful attentive servers! Portions are large and very tasty. If you like hot, go higher on their scale than at other restaurants. Clean restaurant - not many table but nicely decorated. Go for the early specials for good deals.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank CFL-gal
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Having visited Soong Thai on at least a dozen occasions with family and friends, I can tell you that the service is consistently courteous and quick, and the food is amazing, with a lovely presentation including fresh orchids and delicate dinnerware. They have very reasonable lunch specials, with spring rolls that taste like the ones up north - I have been unable to find the same anywhere since moving to Florida. Soong Thai's pad thai is a delicious, generous portion of perfectly cooked noodles and fresh toppings that satisfies our cravings for that particular dish. The contents of the take home container rarely make it overnight in our family's fridge, and my kids love it. We visit on a regular basis, having discovered a reliably good restaurant in the area.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank EcoOco
“Good Thai in west Orlando”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Had lunch here and had Chicken & Shrimp Panang. Food quality was very good. Lunch special came with delicious broth and roll. Decorations make you feel like you're in Thailand. Highly recommend. Was surprised to be charged $.50 for a side of peanut sauce.

New York
“Certain not the best.”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

On my vacation two week vacation in Orlando I have been to three thai restaurant and this one certain not the best in IMHO. I usually find some decent thai restaurants here on tripadvisor and this one was rate as the 4 best restaurant in Ocoee, FL which was approx 13 from where I was stay and I thought that was worth a try. I had the massaman curry and there do give you plenty, but I had some under cooked potatos and my beef was on the tough side. My kids had the thai fried rice and it did not compare to the other thai restaurants we tried.
The service here was very good and courtesy and serviced us quickly, but if you are in Orlando try some of the other thai restaurant first, this one was not worth the time and distance to travel.

• Visited July 2012