“Not your usual local spot”

RusTeak Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 110 Restaurants in Ocoee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
orlando
“Not your usual local spot”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

i thought this restaurant with its unusual name, would be just another local yokel; but it is not! This corner eatery has been a number of restaurants before and none of them survived this strip mall. After an afternoon movie we thought we would try it and were glad we did. The menu was varied and had enough for every palate, with some unusual twists. {For instance, i had a pulled pork sandwich with cranberries, bacon crumbles and a few dollops of goat cheese: very tasty]! If you like skinny, crispy french fries, order them here. Molten chocolate lava cake was yummy too. Even when there was a little "wrinkle" with our entree, the server apologized, and sent the manager over [without our asking]. She apologized for the mishap and 'comped' the dessert: a nice touch. This local spot should succeed if they continue the way they are going right now. And by the way, there is a nice happy hour with a few $5 appetizers, for those just wanting a cocktail hour rather than a meal.

• Visited March 2013

“A+”
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Nothing better than a neighborhood non chain eatery! RusTeak serves tasty food in a fun and cozy environment! The staff is always friendly and efficient!

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Based upon the recommendation of a friend we set off to find Rus Teak for an early dinner. Find it we did and oh so happy are we! Four of us all had great dinners that included Ribs, flatbreads and fish. As we were early the staff had time to explain menu items and specials. They were very helpful and attentive. Rus Teak is well worth the effort to find it. Go and enjoy...

orlando
“Great local spot”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Found this place while looking online for a non-chain, local, foodie kind of place and decided on RusTeak as the choice. First this space is in the Ocoee, Windermere, Winter Garden area so the location is great as I work live and play in all three :). The abidance is relaxing, comfortable and entertaining. When you enter you have a choice to sit in a bar area or the main dining room. We choose the dining room as it was more fitting for dinner. First thing ordered was the pretzel rolls and tomato mozz salad as they are on happy hour...did I mention happy hour yet? Yes they offer one of the best in the area 5 dollar wines by the glass and signature cocktails. Next up I had the italian press sandwich with bistro fries...OMG! Delicious focaccia bread, sliced turkey and roasted red pepper spread! My fellow foodie had the NY strip and crab cake special. Huge portions on everything!!! Desserts are made local...I had the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake again amazing! No doubt give this place a shot...awesome locals hangout!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Orlandofoocoma
Florida
“Best Burger I've Ever Had”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Rus Teak Restaurant and Wine Bar is the latest occupant of a space that's seen a few others come and go....fairly fast. If Rus Teak fails, it will not be because of the food. This is not a burger joint, but they do have several on the menu. I tried the Rus Teak Burger and it had the best combination of ingredients and tastes I've ever experienced in a burger. It's a meal, and really not easy to eat as served. I easily solved that by cutting it in half. My opinion is that it was under priced for what I received. It was very good value.
The service needs help though. We arrived just as shifts were about to change. We were told to sit anywhere we wanted, and when we did, were told we couldn't sit at the selected table because it was the only large table in the restaurant...a 6 top. We moved to another table (also a 6 top of the same size, but no chairs had been placed at the ends) and that was fine. We then noticed that there was a 9 top possibility along the wall, and another 6 top almost next to us. After taking our initial drink and food order the service went down hill. I sat with an empty wine glass as several staff walked within two feet of our table, and never once asked If I wanted another. All that changed though when the evening staff started. It was night and day. Service became very attentive.
This restaurant deserves to succeed. My food was excellent, and my wife enjoyed hers as well. The good service I received at the end of my meal is how it should have been done all along.
I'll go back for the food, but I'll do so after the evening shift starts.

• Visited January 2013