“Best Burger I've Ever Had”

RusTeak Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #3 of 114 Restaurants in Ocoee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Rus Teak Restaurant and Wine Bar is the latest occupant of a space that's seen a few others come and go....fairly fast. If Rus Teak fails, it will not be because of the food. This is not a burger joint, but they do have several on the menu. I tried the Rus Teak Burger and it had the best combination of ingredients and tastes I've ever experienced in a burger. It's a meal, and really not easy to eat as served. I easily solved that by cutting it in half. My opinion is that it was under priced for what I received. It was very good value.
The service needs help though. We arrived just as shifts were about to change. We were told to sit anywhere we wanted, and when we did, were told we couldn't sit at the selected table because it was the only large table in the restaurant...a 6 top. We moved to another table (also a 6 top of the same size, but no chairs had been placed at the ends) and that was fine. We then noticed that there was a 9 top possibility along the wall, and another 6 top almost next to us. After taking our initial drink and food order the service went down hill. I sat with an empty wine glass as several staff walked within two feet of our table, and never once asked If I wanted another. All that changed though when the evening staff started. It was night and day. Service became very attentive.
This restaurant deserves to succeed. My food was excellent, and my wife enjoyed hers as well. The good service I received at the end of my meal is how it should have been done all along.
I'll go back for the food, but I'll do so after the evening shift starts.

2  Thank travels46

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Great local bistro. So glad. Close to where I live. Good food. Cozy. Good place to wind down.
Get the flatbread or ahi tuna.

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This space has been occupied by several restaurants. I think we FiNALLY have a winner with Rus-Teak! It is conveniently located on the corner of Old Winter Garden Road and Maguire road in Ocoee. I know this place is becoming more and more popular with Windermere and Ocoee residents! It is open for lunch and dinner. On this visit, we had dinner. I had the potato gnocchi with sundried tomato cream sauce and grilled chicken. It was amazing. I also had the pretzels with cheese and honey mustard dipping sauces as an appetizer. It was so good. Can't wait to go back again!

1  Thank Meredisney
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My partner and I are always looking for new restaurants in the Winter Garden area - and it is a plus if they are not a big chain! I found RusTeak by looking around on FourSquare (never heard of it before) and decided to try it on a Friday night in December. It was excellent - service was genuine and attentive - casual and not stuffy. The atmosphere of the restaurant was relaxed and comfortable and great for adults and couples. A variety of creative options filled the menu along with a full bar. A special featuring Grilled Mahi-Mahi with garlic mashed potatoes, zucchini and squash grabbed my attention and it was perfect...well prepared and a hearty portion. My partner had the gnocchi with chicken and said it was the best he has ever had (and that is saying a lot coming from him). The entrees came with salads (house or caesar) with a terrific offering of homemade dressings (Honey Mustard was wonderful as was the Italian). Two entrees and two cocktails each was only $65 - very reasonably priced. We are happy to see this new restaurant in West Orange and look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

First of all, this restaurant is very difficult to access. You must turn onto one road and do a U-turn to get into the strip mall in which it is located. Then once inside, you are greeted by very snooty inexperienced hostesses. For this location, they cannot afford to have an attitude. I could understand this if they were located on restaurant row, but Ocoee? The food was lousy and the service sub-par. We will not be back.

2  Thank BBLater