“Very Enjoyable”

Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Ocoee
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay, the room was large, and we were able to get a smoking room. The location was great, we were very close to everywhere we needed to be. The staff was also very nice and helpful. We will definitly choose that hotel again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 14, 2012

Not at all impressed with this facility. Room needs to be detailed and updated. Mattresses are VERY OLD, FILTHY, AND DROOPY!!! Behind headboard and mattress just absolutely disgusting!! I will not stay here again, nor would I recommend this hotel to anyone. Take pride in your facility and your work!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank bkapink
Reviewed January 10, 2012

The location was okay a little difficult to turn into across 4 lanes of traffic. We went down to the light, turned aroung to come in from the east. Back from the road, with woods in back, so quiet. Unfortunately the rooms themselves were not! We could hear noise from the rooms above and beside us and from the parking lot. If you enjoy listening to every conversation and adult activity from the rooms around you, stay here.

The room was clean, even the bathroom met my standards. The price is great. The room was cavernous. There are no blow dryers in the rooms, and the tv is a big box type. For this price understandable. This also seems to be the hotel that kids rent rooms for drinking parties. Friday night the noisy party broke up at 11:30. Loud talking from the parking lot and muted noise from the room. I thought it was a one night thing, so no big deal. Saturday night we park the car and through the window we see the kids near a gallon of orange juice and the bottle of booze on the table. Another party. Even though they were on the first floor and we were on the third, we could hear the noise. At 11:30 I called down to complain about the noise level. Security could not find any noise. If they would have come to our room I would gladly have admitted them to help them locate the source.

Until they solve their party place problem, or retrofit for the serious noise issues this is not a hotel that you should choose if you actually want to sleep. I did get a discount for one nights stay. I wish they could have given me a good nights sleep instead! I would never have anyone I know stay here. I will also hesitate to stay at any Red Roof again. Too bad.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank amismom
Reviewed December 27, 2011

first time ever having stayed in a Red Roof, doing so in Ocoee Fl. 12-16 thru 12-23-2011. Chose it per decent reviews, but must say I was very disappointed and dissatisfied. Was booked for 7 nights, and in that time my room was only cleaned once. On 2 occasions I placed the Maid Service Request sign on the door before leaving ... and upon returning would find it had been turned to the Do Not Disturb side. Upon complaining to the front desk, the attendant (who was very receptive & pleasant) stated she would note this, advise the General Manager Paige who would also contact me, and make a note to housekeeping to clean the room. I did NOT place the sign out after all this ... and upon my next return, still no clean room AND a huge cockroach crawling up the wall, as well as NO contact from GM Paige. Upon complaining again, I accepted another room and an additional night comped and ended up in a room between whomever bouncing off the walls with their stereo's cranked up till about 2 a.m. Other than the housekeeping attendant at the front desk, that wanted to argue that the rooms always get cleaned (LMAO) and that they are doixng away with the housekeeping/do not disturb signs??? ... all other staff I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I'd recommend paying a little more and staying away from this place as they proved to me you get what you pay for. Highly doubtful I'll EVER stay at a Red Roof after this experience ... and will certainly never stay at the one in Ocoee Fl.

Room Tip: Rooms at ANOTHER hotel would be what I suggest and recommend!!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mark H
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Room was clean, service desk was very nice too. there were a couple of things that were not acceptable. one was the barking dogs in the room next to us and then at 6am went to flush toilet and it overflowed big time. went to front desk and she handed me a plunger. plus had to use all the towels in the bathroom to sop up all the water. almost came onto the room rug.
I think I should be compensated for at least a free night for having to be their plumber. plumbing system was not good, toilet in room and the public one in the hall did not flush too well either

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carmella C
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for three nights while visiting friends in Winter Garden. We have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before. The price was fantastic - we could get two rooms here for the price on one room at the Courtyard nearby so the kids had their own room. The staff was friendly, the rooms clean and modern, and the beds comfortable - everything that we needed. The hotel was busy but was always nice and quiet. We even enjoyed the pool which we had all to ourselves. My wife wished they had a fitness room but hey - we were on vacation! There's no breakfast but guests get 10% off at Denny's out front.

Overall - highly recommended and it has to be one of the best values in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I stayed at Red Roof Inn Orlando West on a business related trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's a great value, very clean, very friendly and helpful staff (especially Nadia, she was great!). I was super happy with this choice. I plan to book here when I return again for business in a couple of months. I have also decided to book here if I ever return for an Orlando vacation, too!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocoee
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Ocoee
#172 of 340 in Orlando
Orange County National Golf Center and Lodge
SpringHill Suites Orlando at Flamingo Crossings/Western Entrance
WoodSpring Suites Orlando Clermont

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando West - Ocoee? Share your experiences!