“Lost In Time”

Dining options: Breakfast
The Villages, Florida
“Lost In Time”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The Dam Diner may have been a neat place way back when, but at the time I visited, the diner had seen better days, it needs a coat of paint outside and inside, the floors need to be cleaned and swept, the counter and dining room need a major over haul, and the parking lot needs to be smothed out. This diner could be a major destination for old florida charm if taken care of, fixed up and get a consistent menu and price list. Not sure what the kitchen looks like, but if it is anything like the counter and dining room, there is a problem. The food served me was ok, not good, just ok, the price was ok, but nothing served would or did take me back to the Dam Diner. Put some money into the place and keep folks coming back.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Robert W B

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Best breakfast ever!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Rode motorcycles to the restaurant which is a popular biker destination. Breakfast is served all day. Ordered a bacon & cheese omelet with hash browns and gravy and a huge biscuit. Meal was great. Waitress was awesome and kept my coffee cup full.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank GrandmaHoney2010
Daytona Beach, Florida
“HIGH PRICES/TERRIBLE FOOD”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I have gone into this diner both on the weekends and during the week. What we have noticed is that the prices are different for different days. I don't understand this. The prices are constantly going up too, but yet the quality of the food constantly going down. Very cheap meats and bland tastes. They also have a bug problem. There are ants in the napkins. I don't know why this is listed on the biker websites, but the ground is very soft and there really isn't a good place to park your bike either.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Derek J
Antioch, Illinois
“Unique”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We had wanted to stop here and try the breakfast for awhile, we were going right by the place on our way to St. Augustine and it appeared there was no wait so we stopped. This place probably is not for everyone based on how crowded it can be and the fact it just looks like it could be cleaned up a bit, but with that said that is what makes it unique. It is evident that this a very popular restaurant based on the crowds. The biscuits and gravy were good, I have eaten better. I had the corned beef hash, eggs, hash browns and a biscuit. Again, all were good but I have had better. The biscuit is huge and the texture was a little different but was OK. The cost was average for the meals. Our server did a great job and was able to keep up with her section just fine. I would stop again if we were in the area but would not travel out of my way..would try somewhere else new.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Jm2323
Ocklawaha, Florida
“"WOW"”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Been going the for a few years. Best breakfast, price, HUGE servings, and speedy servers. Separate dining booths or counter service. Bet you can't eat a whole order of "biscuits and gravy"!! Take time to relax and enjoy.

• Visited November 2013