“Excellant Prime Rib”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We went with 2 other couples on a Friday evening. Wife and I had Prime Rib, which was outstanding, with back potatoes which were only OK. We both ordered ceasar salads but were told they were out of romaine lettace, so we had to settle for a house salad. Had better. The side order of onion rings were great though. Our server was less than steller. She messed up a couple of orders, and a couple of checks. The Manager did come by, we told her about this and the problem plates were taken off the bill. But it did seem that this particular waitress we not on the ball at least this night.

There are newer reviews for Alfie's Restaurant

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Party of 8 seated promptly at 4:30 on Tuesday evening. Lobster bake enjoyed by two. Four had early bird prime rib specials, good portion cooked as ordered, baked potato not exciting nor was squash but prime rib was very good and recommended. One fried fish and one broiled, very tasty and again nice portions. Server, Kimberly, very attentive. Very Good group experience. Our first trip, we will be back to try italian specialties.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I really wanted this to be a stellar experience! I am always looking for great dining experiences to share with friends and family when they come for a visit. I went at lunch time and had the 8oz Prime Rib lunch special. The meat was tender but tasteless. I chose the baked potato which came with butter and sour cream... again not anything to "crow" about. The vegetable of the day was lima beans and there was plenty but again, nothing special. No salad ($3.99 extra), no bread/rolls. Service was excellent and the wait staff was very friendly..... but I went there expecting an excellent meal and that just didn't happen.

1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have visited Alfies on one other occasion and found food and service adequate as the y were very busy, our dinner group of 12 visited Tuesday July 22, they had a large group table waiting for us and a very good wait person taking care of us.I had read a few reviews of recent visits and was somewhat apprehensive as to how our dinner would be as the reviews were not that good IE bad or small portion food slow service the usual restaurant complaints. I will state our experience was great the prime rib was great the service was good and I don't think the restaurant deserved the remarks some make in their reviews. I often wonder if the unhappy customers mention their dislike to their server and the manager? I have owned restaurants and found that most of the time people are timid about complaining to management, and just quit going to them. I am quite sure no restaurant wants to do a bad job and it's my opinion problems need to be brought to the ones in charge and the owner.

2  Thank Robert B
Reviewed July 15, 2014

heard so much about it I had to go..It old school and rustic lots of wood..friendly staff good food Went for lunch 4.99 for a cheese burger fries and a small side of coleslaw . bride had the turkey club ...Nice size bar went for lunch but have to go back and try the cheapo beer 1.25...

2  Thank Mike J