“Great Italian Food”

Big bob's Restaurant and Pizza
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Ocklawaha
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Italian food and Pizza dine in or take out call for our daily specials.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was told about Bob's Pizza by many friends, but when I got there, I expeced to see a regular old Pizza place. To my surprise, they had recently acquired another place next door and had expanded to a real nice restaurant. It is located in a strip of stores and a gas station and it was really a find, with excellent italian food. Don't be turned off by the location, the food is worth the try!!!

There are newer reviews for Big bob's Restaurant and Pizza

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Since moving to the villages I have been searching for an Italian restaurant to replace my former favorite in southwest Florida. By chance while having a flat repaired the manager told me about Big Bob"s which quite frankly didn't sound too Italian or too appetizing. When you drive up it sits behind a gas station in the corner of the building, but when you walk through the doors it's like walking into a restaurant in NYC. The owner is originally from Brooklyn and sounds like he's never left. The pizza is as good as any I've had in all the years I lived in New York. The sauce is fresh, flavorful, and zesty. I've been there 3 times in 3 weeks and have enjoyed everything I've ordered. They recently expanded the restaurant which will be very useful as word gets out. The serving staff are extremely friendly as well as attentive. As Tony The Tiger says 'It's Great."

Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

This place has a very big taste for a very small town. The subs are huge and very filling. Pizza is awsome. Staff is friendly. A must when you pass through!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have my favorites on the menu eggplant and shrimp pastas. Pizza is great! They now have a wine list. They are always willing to adapt the menu for special preferences.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

At last, my search for NY pizza in Florida is finally over!!! Big Bob's has brought the original flavor of Brooklyn and Little Italy to the mid-Florida quaint little backwater town of Ocklawaha. Henceforth, they will get all my pizza business even though it's 17 miles away. Waitstaff was personable, knowledgeable and friendly. We counted 5 waitresses and for a small restaurant that equals superior service, and it was. Last night we got the Veal Parm and Chicken Piccata. Both prepared excellently and with a side of spaghetti with homemade marinara and salad. All top shelf and at reasonable prices. The Tiramisu IS TO DIE FOR! Only $54 for 2 included a generous tip. Well done Bob we'll see you again soon and often!