“wonderful dinner out”
Review of Latinos Y Mas

Latinos Y Mas
Ranked #2 of 489 Restaurants in Ocala
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Latinos y Mas. We are currently in the process of remodeling with our grand re-opening September 13, 2016. We look forward to seeing you then.
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were in Ocala visiting a friend and went here to celebrate my wife's birthday started with some well made margaritas then I had titico mero, a dish of grouper in a wine/cream sauce with shrimp, mushrooms and peppers it came with a salad with a really good creamy garlic dressing, yellow rice, black beans and fried plantains (the sides for all meals) my wife had pork chops in passion fruit sauce and my friend had miladeza de pollo, cheese covered breaded chicken breast. All were excellent because it was my wife's birthday, they gave her a flan with a candle and all the servers sang her a Spanish birthday song. The server we had was very helpful and professional.

Latinosymas R, Manager at Latinos Y Mas, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

It is so wonderful to come into work and read a review such as yours. We are so happy to hear that you chose Latinos Y Mas for this occasion and even more thrilled that the experience was a memorable one. We hope that the next time you are in town you will stop in again. We value your time and appreciate the wonderful comments. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Latinos Y Mas

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Huge portions, well prepared Spanish and Mexican food, reasonably priced with attentive and prompt services. An outstanding local meal in Ocala!

Latinosymas R, Manager at Latinos Y Mas, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We are so pleased to read your recent post. Thank you for your time and consideration when writing such great things about our restaurant. Please visit us again soon when you are in need of a Latin fix!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

First of the all, the inside of this restaurant is beautiful. They have recently remodeled and it is really beautifully done. The menu has a large selection of food from different countries. South American and parts of Mexico. They also have some unique twists on some old favorites. I enjoyed the yellow rice, black beans and plantains. They were all excellent.
We had Tres Leches cake for dessert and it was a very large piece. It was easily enough for 3-4 people to share. It was also delicious.

I recently had the pleasure of reading your comments about our restaurant. We are always pleased to hear that our customers had an excellent dinning experience. It is very important that customers enjoy their experience as a whole; from the environment to the cuisine. Do not wait too long before returning, you never know when we may have a new special that you would enjoy! Thank you again and happy new year.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Finally! An outstanding oasis of authentic Latino fusion food … in a desert of Mexican mediocrity. Spanish, South-and-Central American dishes - as well as traditional Mexican - offer something to every lover of Latino food. We arrived early Saturday evening and this place was packed - we would soon learn why. Ocala DOES know how lucky it is to have this gem. Our server was from Venezuela and knew the menu well. I had the Fresh Grouper (Mero) "A La Rusa" with spanish rice. Perfecto! My friends had the Carne Azada con Chimichurri and Bistek Empanizado. We all shared and loved the food. This was the first time I loved the plantains - way better than those I've had in Latin America! On the way out I thanked the owner for the privilege of eating here and promised him I was going to write this review. THE BAD NEWS: this restaurant is a 12 hour drive from where I live in Kentucky.

Latinosymas R, Manager at Latinos Y Mas, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to write such amazing things about our restaurant. This year is starting off so great for us with the positive reviews we have received so far. We are always striving to exceed guests expectations and deliver delicious, authentic dishes. I am sad to hear that you live so far but hope that we will see you again the next time you are in Ocala. From the service to the delicious entrees you tried, we are so pleased to know that everything was perfect. We look forward to your next visit in the area and we hope that 2014 is a great year for you and your family.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It is not really Mexican and it is not really Cuban, but it is a good mixture of the two. The crowds are always large. That surprises me because I see other restaurants nearly empty that are also very good.