“Worn out”
Review of Super 8 Ocala

Super 8 Ocala
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Ocala

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
MILFORD
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I have stayed at the Ocala Super 8 for one night 3 yrs in a row now. Taking my in laws car to FL. Emily, the clerk, is very nice. Best Super 8 breakfast. Many others serve dry toast and stale muffins. Ocala has bagels, cream cheese, fresh juice etc.....Good location too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

FLORIDA
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After reading the other reviews, I was a little afraid of what I might find. To my surprise, the check in was quick & very warm. We had a nice poolside room #134. There is no doubt this was an older hotel, & the bathroom grout was a little discolored. The comfortable beds made up for the fact that the hotel is somewhat dated. We had a microwave & fridge, which I always enjoy. The room was spacious & the high speed internet worked great. Loved the selection of TV stations. Plus this is a nice pet friendly hotel, with very low pet fees $5.00 per night per pet No way you could board your pets for that.

Room Tip: ask for a poolside room nice view & very quiet
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Some where in NY
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This is my first review on TA. I just had to sign up because it was just that bad. The bathtub was green! And that was not even the original color! It had that much mold. The bathroom was so dingy and nasty that I was tempted not to take a shower and risk smelling funky. We booked a non smoking/ queen sized bed room. The front desk said we didn't and refused to give us one. We had driven 16 hrs to get there so we went and got bleach and Lysol trying to make the best of the situation. To say the bed was uncomfortable was an understatement.
The TVs were so old that the words on the screen were fuzzy. No I am not being dramatic. Luckily I had brought my own towels because the towels there was very discolored.
There seems to be a lot of truckers there. So the owners don't care to improve the rooms.
I kept on thinking I would go home with bed bugs or worse! I have stayed at super 8s before never have I had such an experience.
We booked a 4 night non refundable room, after 2 nights we left. I didn't care that I was loosing my money. I checked into another moderate priced hotel for only $20 more a night and I wanted to hug the bed, the carpet, etc.
The only good part of staying here was the free wifi. Even that was bad because it was not secured or password protected. I just pray that my poor computer does not get a virus.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
OcalaSupereight, General Manager at Super 8 Ocala, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you for staying at our Super 8.
We certainly regret the list of problems you encountered while you were here, our records do show that you were refunded by the third party agency for the unused nights.

We also do not have any record of these concerns.
It is our hope that you give us another chance to meet your lodging needs, and please do let us know if there is something not to your satisfaction, and give us a change to make it right.

Travelers are raving about these Ocala hotels

Travelers also viewed these Ocala hotels
Golden Palms Inn & Suites
Best Western Ocala Park Centre
Quality Inn Ocala
Quality Inn Ocala
#15 of 34 in Ocala

Been to Super 8 Ocala? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Ocala

Property: Super 8 Ocala
Address: 3924 W Silver Springs Blvd, I-75 Exit 352, Ocala, FL 34482-4097
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Ocala
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Ocala 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Ocala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.