“Very nice Courtyard”
Review of Courtyard Ocala

Courtyard Ocala
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Upon entering the hotel, I was warmly greeted by the desk clerk - wish I could remember his name as he was extremely pleasant and helpful. This is the type person you want as your initial contact with a customer. Very professional. Check in was quick and efficient. As there were a couple of Little League teams there, the lobby was quite noisy but he assured me he had placed us in an opposite wing than what they were staying in. Our room overlooked the courtyard and pool area. The lighting made this area especially lovely at night. Our room was typical - nice and spacious and had recently been updated. There was a king bed, sleeper sofa, work desk, ergo chair, dresser with a fridge located behind the double doors. Nice. The bathroom was split - potty and tub in one room, while the sink and closet were right outside. This was nice when two are getting ready at the same time. The room was very comfortable and the AC made no noise whatsoever. A 32" flat screen rounded out the room nicely. When I first sat down on the bed, I thought "oh no - it felt really soft" - but the minute you stretched out for the night, you were almost instantly asleep - it was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. Great job Marriott on this sleep system! We didn't eat at the restaurant although I do understand they do have a Starbucks in the lobby open only during the morning breakfast hours.

The hotel is located in a great location - there is a Cracker Barrel and Burger King within easy walking distance from the hotel and seems to be in a very safe area. Across the Main Street, there is a shopping center and some additional restaurants.

If our travels take us back to the Ocala area, you can be assured we will stay at this Courtyard again. Try this one - you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool/courtyard view
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sloopie1
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Ocala

Reviewed August 21, 2014

My stay at the Courtyard typical of a courtyard experience. The hotel is very clean, business friendly and easy to get in and out of. The location right off the interstate made it easy for my travels.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff was a little slow at the check in but other than that there aren't really any complaints.

The hotel layout at Courtyards tends to lead to a quiet room and experience in my opinion and this location didn't disappoint.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Hogsraz
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This one is a safe haven from the super-slab. When the tedium of I-75 has finally worn you down, the recently renovated Courtyard will provide Marriott's high standard in a comfortable setting. The new Bistro look entrance provides ample seating for the light fair offered. If you are looking for a richer dining experience the crossing hwy, SR200 offers every well known chain in American cuisine plus Chinese, Thai, and Indian. A convenient touch screen information portal next to the registration desk can get you to big box shopping, auto service and more. I gotta say, Marriott has put a bit of $ into this rehab and it was worth it. I'd been here several years ago and it was hard to recognize the remodeled interior space. I was there for a conference. Conference space is relatively small, but if that's what you've got, this is ideal.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the far side of the Interstate, I didn't hear a bit of hwy noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mentlflos
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I had a pleasant stay at the Marriott, the front desk staff were friendly and very hepfull in guiding me to local spots of interest, my room was comfortable and very clean. I also enjoyed the pool area. Next time I'm in Ocala, The Courtyard will be my spot to rest and re-energize.....

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Arrival and check-in were smooth. Room was nice, and the beds were comfortable and luxurious. We had requested a wheelchair-accessible shower with our room. and was pleased with it. However, the air-conditioning was not working and a quick call to the front desk had a maintenance man at our door within moments. He did some things, reset it, and told us to give it a while to cool down, then left.

We spent almost four hours in the room, sweltering, before I called again, and the front-desk lady, Jennifer, offered to move us to another room. I asked if it had a wheel-chair accessible shower, and was told yes so we agreed to the move. Reaching that room, we found it very cool, but that it only had a regular tub/shower combo and so I called the front desk again. Jennifer was very apologetic, and promised to call me right back. She did, and let us know that the maintenance crew was repairing the AC unit and that we could return to our original room once repairs were finished.

The maintenance man came and got us, explained to us what had happened, and apologized for the inconvenience. He told us to stay and rest in the current room as long as we needed, before coming back to the original room. Upon returning to the original room AC was working fine, and room cooled off very rapidly.

I mention all of this only to point out how exceptional the staff was in handling the issues, and how they at no time expressed exasperation or sense of inconvenience. Jennifer was very on top of things, and the maintenance man was quick and thorough. We were also pleased with the in-lobby Bistro, and the lady there, who was helpful to me when it came time to choose a meal. I am on a strict diet due to liver disease and the lady there (I don't remember her name) was very helpful by answering questions and working with me to settle on a meal suitable for my needs.

All in all, pleased with our stay, and will return again

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Living up to Marriott expectations, my rooms was very clean, roomy, and exactly what is was pictured to be. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking was excellent, as was the pool area. This is my second time staying here; I will be back!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a balcony room. Not all rooms have a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Dear UF Rhonda

Thank you for your kind words about my staff and our Hotel. Our repeat guests quite often quickly become like family and we look forward to your return. Please let us know if we can be of service in any way.

JWM-GM

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I travel to Ocala twice a year to visit my in-laws: June and December. Over the last 12 years, I've stayed at a variety of places and the Courtyard has become the proclaimed winner! With their beautiful lobby re-model, easy access to I-75 and SR-200, and walking distance to several restaraunts - this location has become my "Ocala Home". The rooms are standard Marriott quality, with June being a little humid and the rooms reflect it by no fault of the property manager. I booked a king suite which has a patio that lead right out to the pool, shaded in parts to help keep my daughter's Michigan skin from frying to a crisp. Nice breakfast café (not included) at a VERY reasonable price...under $15 for three people. Hotel staff was very friendly and kind. Main hotel lobby very comfortable for visiting with the family. I won't stay anywhere else now, for the price it just can't be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a walk-out patio to the pool
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Kcenders,

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. We always look forward to our regulars returning to their “Ocala” home while they are traveling. I appreciate your mentioning our beautifully remodeled lobby and I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of scheduling the rest of the Hotel which will also be getting an entire facelift in the not too distant future. We look forward to your return visit next year, until then thank you again.

JWM-GM