“Great Hotel to Break Up Trip South in Florida”
Review of Courtyard Ocala

Courtyard Ocala
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
State College, Pennsylvania
“Great Hotel to Break Up Trip South in Florida”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was taking my grandson from Hilton Head to Fort Myers to see a Spring Training baseball game and this Courtyard didn't disappoint. Just as nice as other Courtyards, this one has clean rooms, friendly staff (including the housekeepers who gave us a tooth brush and paste since my grandson forgot his). The lobby is a great place to relax and the Desk Clerk even gave me a great route to run in the morning that was safe from traffic, etc.

Room Tip: We always choose rooms on upper floors. Seem quieter and you just feel safer in strange cities.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Carl R

Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel and my staff. I must agree they go out of their way to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay. Sounds like you and your grandson had a great trip. Hopefully we can offer you accommodations the next time you are in town.

JWM-GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
New Jersey
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We came back to the Courtyard because my husband prefers the healthier options on the breakfast menu over the included breakfast at the nearby Residence Inn. The Courtyard is an older property, but the staff is friendly enough and they have managed to not let the property get dated and run down.

My pet peeve now is that the sink is not in the bathroom itself, but really in the room, so an early riser will disturb anyone who wants to sleep in. So if everyone is not on the same schedule there could be some disgruntled sleepers!!!!

Typical fare in the Marketplace if needed and the front desk does provide laundry supplies if you need them.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies - nice touch, if you enjoy the fresh air!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Island-gal-in-NJ

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I concur with your comment about the sink outside of the bathroom. However, as you noted this hotel was built a few years ago and that was all the rage then.
Thank you also for noticing that my staff has done such a great job keeping things clean and updated. Like yourself, our guests appreciate the complimentary laundry supplies. We also recommend reserving a room with a balcony, especially the ones overlooking the heated pool. They are a favorite of our guests but they are limited so we recommend making reservations for these rooms early.
Thank you once again for you kind words. JWM-GM
Washington, DC
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a very well-run, comfortable and convenient hotel. It is well situated right off I-75. Very nice desk clerk, great little cafe with good breakfasts to go and Starbucks coffee. It meet all of my needs and I will return on next trip to Ocala.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Laurie V

Thank you for you great review of our hotel. We get lots of compliments about our Bistro and Starbucks is always a hit with the Guests. I have a great staff that helps me make things run smoothly and they are always looking for ways to make our guests stay even more comfortable.

We look forward to you next visit, JWM-GM
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel rooms and amenities were very clean. The rooms provided plenty of room to work, as well as relax...And the bed was extremely comfortable. The customer service was fantastic. The staff went above and beyond to make sure my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Ztbarbee

Thank you for your kind words about my staff and the fantastic customer service. I have to admit I have a great staff; they are always looking for ways to make our guests enjoy their stay. JWM-GM
Haverford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This place is a gem. We originally booked at another hotel and were horrified at the rooms. I called around frantically looking to change and we were lucky they had a vacancy. We stayed 2 nights and would have stayed longer if we could. Clean, comfortable, convenient and there were a lot of nice places to eat nearby -- I am a chef and that was important to me. Starbucks and small bar in the lobby...happy as clams. A great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Crazy Caterer 2014

Thank you for your fine review, we also are glad you found us. Many of our guests really appreciate that we have a Bar in the Hotel and Starbucks is a big hit. Thank you also for your kind words about the cleanliness of the property, I am very proud of my cleaning staff.

Hopefully the next time you are in town you will be able to stay longer. JWM-GM
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 14, 2014

This weekend have had an unexpected road trip to Fort Myers Fla due to flight cancelations... We were not looking forward to the 11 hour drive from Charlotte. We got on the road ahead of the big storm... Drove to Ocala and stopped at the Courtyard at 1030 pm, road weary. The desk clerk was very nice. Explained they only had two rooms left. The king deluxe at $180 for the night or an Unusual room with no TV for $59 a night. I asked if the $59 room was the same quality as all others and was told " exactly the same....just no TV". The room was very nice. Clean. Comfy. Quiet. Perfect for 2 road weary travelers. I highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Wahini79

Thank you for your kind words about my staff and our hotel. I am really proud of my staff for they keep a very clean hotel. I certainly understand road weary, I have been there several times myself. When we get those big storms we tend to sell out but I am glad we were able to accommodate you. The Courtyard is far enough from I-75 that it is very quiet yet close enough you can jump right back on to continue your trip. Thanks once again for your high recommendations.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Appreciate the cleanliness, comfort and convenience off I75 during my holiday road trip. We frequent this hotel at least every other year and always enjoy our stay. Nothing to complain about - great little gym as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Annie Tin Mia

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. We look forward to your next visit as you travel thru Ocala next year.