“Very nice location”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Inn is very nice with large rooms, breakfast was good but basic. Many restaurants close bye. and just off I75, but still quiet.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 3, 2010

All I can say, whenever you needed anything the employees were there for you. I have no complaints, everything was great!! Plan to stay there again when we come to Florida. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I was halfway through a two day road trip and I needed a place to stop for the night. I pulled off the interstate in Ocala and pulled into the La Quinta Inn & Suites parking lot. While I had no reservation, the clerk gave me a good room at a decent price. Because I was also a La Quinta Rewards member and had a AAA membership, she also automatically upgraded my room as well.

The room was clean and comfortable, although it could've used a bit of updating on the carpet, curtains, and sheets. The pool area had a nice little courtyard. The hotel was conveniently located near the interstate, and there were several nearby restaurants. The place was apparently pet friendly, which is great for people with pets but I don't care for it much.

While I have no idea how a longer stay would be like, I can recommend it as a place to stop for the night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2010

The girl at the front counter was as pleasant as could be, but that was the best part of the stay. The rooms smelled, I was in a "non smoking room" that smelled of stale cigarettes. The rooms were a bit on the small side, the bed uncomfortable. The AC was a rattler unit under the window. Dogs barking all night long, in the hotel (but that's my fault for staying at a "pet friendly") The "breakfast" was a minimum, with basically toast and make your own waffle iron. I almost didn't stay the second night, and I wish I had just driven the 2 hours to get home instead. However, this was not the worst place I've stayed in, I would say just pay a little more and stay someplace better.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2010

On 2/27/2010 I went on line to get a rate quote for 4/24/2010. I printed out a quote which said "Rates from $ 40.50. Two days later on 3/01/2010, I went to book the room and the rate quote was over $67 for the same room. I called the hotel and the reservations clerk put me on hold. I called again and she told me they were very busy to call back later. I called back a third time and asked for the manager. She said there was no manager. When I asked her to explain she said that she was alone and "Andy" worked weekdays from 7-4.
Thoroughly frustrated, I booked a room with The Comfort Suites instead.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I stayed at the Country Suites next door and was horrified. Talking with a guest at the La Quinta through the fence when we both were walking our dogs she told me about the La Quinta and right away I called to see if they had a room available. Very reasonable weekly rate for horse show competitors. They allow animals and they offer a breakfast in the morning as well as a good location on 200.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2009

The room was very clean and comfortable. We were going to the Hilton on the same street because they advertised $99. We had just been to the La Quinta in Tallahassee and it was a bit worn. The rooms are updated and we were very satisfied

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple