“AWESOME”

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, USA
“AWESOME”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The staff here was so awesome it really made the stay enjoyable , Nice breakfast selection and presentation. Had to stay an extra night unexpectantly and the staff had it fixed in minutes and with a great attitude. The cleaning crew was also very friendly and always asking what they could do for us. When i come back to Ocala I will stay again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
nowhere
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We go to La quinta's often, and have visited most off of I-75 from TN to FL. This is a recenttly updated facility, but they did a great job with the update - feels like a new facility. The bed was comfortable, assortment of hard and soft pillows. Clean. We slept great and enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. This was our second visit to this one and we were happy with the staff and surroundings. Recommened.

Stayed December 2012
1 Thank houdini1194
Pensacola, FL
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The fact that La Quinta allows us to bring our dog without charging extra is why we stay there. The rooms are clean, no trace of other dogs, and very comfortable. This hotel is conveniently located, close to our favorite restaurant in Ocala, SKY Asian Fusion on top of the Holiday Inn, which does not allow pets.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stopped in at this hotel after seeing a coupon for a good room rate in the Hotels books you can pick up at any rest area. We called, and inquired as to the age of the property, time since last renovations, age of mattressses, etc. After hearing what seemed to be all the answers we were looking for, we decided to go ahead and stop here.

Rooms were average. Cleanliness left a little to be desired. Bathroom countertops were very dusty, and the sink showed that the previous occupant had shaved before he left. The beds, at least in the room we were in, are in desperate need of new mattresses. Even the 12 year old, who can sleep anywhere, complained the bed was uncomfortable.

The toilets are of the "low flow, high velocity" type. Incredibly loud! If a toilet flushes within 3 rooms of yours...on your floor, above, or below...you know it! It actually woke us up in the middle of the night! Can't imagine who thought they were a good idea.

I know many people prefer La Quinta because it is "pet friendly". However, I think they should really look into some guidelines. People were walking their dogs through the breakfast area, past the food, some even brought the dogs to breakfast with them. Not very sanitary, in my opinion.

All in all, the hotel served its purpose. Can't say that I will make a point to seek it out again in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NavyMomNC
Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

Very clean, courteous staff , very pet friendly , very secure as our guests were not able to go directly to our room lol not nessasary but nice to know they pay attention. overpriced sodas and snacks so go prepared or pay $$$ .

• Stayed November 2012
Florida
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stay on La Quintas exclusively due to the level of comfort the cleanliness of the rooms and the fact that they are pet friendly. I drive all over the country rescuing pets and delivering them to their new forever homes. Last evening while making an excruciating drive from Nashville to Ft Lauderdale [incredible traffic pile ups all through Georgia] I pulled into the La Quinta in Ocala...having timed it so that I could stay here and still get to my destination on time. When I walked in there was a young woman at the counter, she was counting change, she did not look up from what she was doing and said she would be with me in a minute.......then she abruptly asked, 'reservations' {i assumed it was a question} while counting pennies, I said no and then asked if was necessary......she then slammed down her change and said "ugh, you made me lose count"...and then picked up the stack of pennies and started recounting.......I again stood as she counted pennies and entered this amount in her calculator....and she then pulled out a handful of nickles, and started counting them??????? REALLY.

She said it will be a minute as the computer is taking its time to check availability......she did NOT enter anything into the computer and unless it was voice activated had no idea as to my request or requirements. I will admit I was getting a bit frustrated......she then entered the amount of the nickles into her calculator and then felt I had waited long enough and said, "smoking or non smoking".....I said non smoking and would like something on the first floor as one of my dogs is handicapped and has wheels and needs to go out side often, she said "I got nothin' and looked at me with such disdain....I asked "nothing? anywhere?' Her response was "NOT on the first floor, anything else?" as I started to ask another question she let out such a sigh of disgust and said 'it is 101.00 plus tax'....I said AARP discount....well this was the end of her 'cordiality' {ha ha ha}....I ended the conversation right then and there.

Listen I was in the hospitality industry for over 30 years and I understand that a guests can be a bit demanding, but this young lady was expecting it and had been given no such promise of this treatment. I may have been the straw that broke the camels back by 'just walking in' while she was counting change...but REALLY {ill ask again}...IN all my years in the business I was taught first and foremost the person standing in front of you is THE most important priority, not the one on the phone or the menial task at hand...but the future/potential guest. It is about 'heads in beds' in this business and with this young woman at the front desk you will be losing guests in droves. By the way I stayed in the La Quinta in Macon {Chambers Rd} on my way up, La Quinta {Donelson Pike} in Nashville and was met with astounding customer service and I have stayed in La Quintas over 8 times in the last 6 weeks....I am loyal to a fault......Ocala....you need to get it together NOW.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

3 Thank lvroffood
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Place was great, friendly and much much better than the Hilton which is right next to it. Very happy customer :) Clean room, and it was pet friendly! The home was warm and inviting and included a fridge and microwave! Bathroom was spacious the bed was very very comfortable!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family