Hilton Ocala
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,038 results
All reviewsthe executive loungefront deskbreakfast buffetcookiesocala areamaxibuddybrunchclydesdalejeremygeorgecarriageteresaserverfeedbanquetsherry
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I left my door key card upstairs in my room while I took a time to myself at the Jacuzzi. Not even 10 mins after relaxing, hotel security came out asking if I was a guest at hotel. I told him, yes. He preceded to ask me for my key card, and when I tried to explain to him that I left it upstairs, he refused to believe my statement.. once I offered to go get it, he wasn't buying the story. This man had the nerve to ask me to pull out my drivers' license so he could get a copy of it. To identify me next time I'm, " trespassing". I couldn't believe this.. I was doing this for 3 nights the whole week I was staying there and it was never a problem until that night. I went upstairs... Packed my things, checked out, and departed myself from the hotel immediately. I've never been treated with so much disrespect. I have Colon Cancer, and my doctor says I have 3 months to live. I just wanted a time to myself. But look what the world has come to? I will be talking to Hilton Corporate about this..

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank AllYouNeedIsLove1230
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

We were disappointed to hear your feedback regarding the security issue at Hilton Ocala...and can totally understand your frustration. On the other hand, we take the safety and security of our guests very seriously. With our expansive grounds including the 15,000 sq.ft. pool deck, heated pool, and outdoor whirlpool we can easily be an attraction for locals to "stop by for a swim." This in one reason we have on-site security 7 nights a week overnight until til 6am. Guests always comment on how safe they feel when staying with us. You can be assured that your comments are shared with our entire management team so we can always be better at what we do, and make your experience a more pleasurable one.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Beautiful outdoors, lobby was nice but rooms need an update. Loved the hot tub area and the staff was extremly friendly. Let us hang out undisturbed passed the 10:00 cut off time. Definetly worth the cheap price we paid but it was last minute so cant promise your stay will be as cheap. ($80 a night)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

we are so glad you had a wonderful time. the expansive 6-acre oak lined back grass paddock that is adjacent to our enormous pool deck is certainly the favorite of many of our guests...and a surprise to most visitors

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The air conditioning was out because the chiller was down and it was a Sunday. That's understandable because stuff happens. What's not understandable was why the heat was running in all of the rooms (we booked 4) and the staff was too dumb or too lazy to go around and turn it off.
What's also not Ok is that the Priceline booking guests were treated like dirt. The Non-Priceline guests were offered alternative rooms at the Hilton's sister hotel across the street. The people that used Priceline were (rudely) not given this option. We were (rudely) told that we could take it or leave it. Unfortunately it was late and we couldn't "leave it", so we sweated it out.
Once inside the room we found big stains on the carpet, peeling wall paper, and general wear. Not a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: bring some ice
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joe L

we respect each guest's opinion and take every comment very seriously. There certainly was the poorly timed crash of our main A/C chiller and that did cause quite a few negative situations. When that mechanical problem was combined with the Ocala marketing being sold out due to many events happening that week/weekend it gave us few options when looking to displace our guests to other properties. We filled the rooms of all our neighboring hotels and once those hotels were full we had few options..
The Hilton Ocala takes a great deal of pride in making effort to provide every guest the best experience possible. We continue to upgrade and keep this propery sparkling and invite you to revisit us anytime

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have, unfortunately, stayed at this hotel several times. It is an old, tired property.

The staff is surly, unprofessional, and unconcerned. Room requests are not honored and Hilton Diamonds are treated particularly poorly. The lounge on the 9th floor is surreal.

Last week there was no AC in the hotel... see the management's sarcastic response to a previous where the manager says "sorry about not having a crystal ball" -- very telling and representative of the staff attitude.

Among Hilton properties in Ocala, they should be ranked in this order: 1) Hampton Suites (but only if on the side away from Hwy 200), 2) Homewood Suites, 3 Hilton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ducatista-1
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

We take all comments from our guests seriously - especially those of our valuable Hilton Diamond members. This property sets the bar for high standards, amenities, and service in the area. There is obviously something during your recent stay that has caused you to have an opinion much different that the majority of our valued guests.
Direct feedback via a phone call or visit to give us more detailed information that would help us make your future experiences more consistent with your expecations would be appreciated on our part. We always strive to become better, and we look forward to speaking to you soon.

Karl Kaufmann

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The experience with having no A/c and when went to the front desk and they said they could not do anything for me and they were sorry. But sorry is not helping me sleep when the room is 90
+ degrees. Did not offer any discounts on future stays at any Hilton. Seems like there was nothing done or even tried to help with my stay

Room Tip: rooms are quiet and nice but no a/c made it a terribe experience
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank FFTR651

As you noted, we did experience an unfortunate malfunction of our high-performance chiller during your stay. This has been fixed and the air quality system is running better than ever!
We made every attempt to accommodate as many guests as possible with fans, portable A/C units, etc. and made many, many financial adjustments.
I cannot make excuses why this was not immediately offered to you as well, but if you contact me directly we can speak about this in more detail and take care of your needs.
Karl Kaufmann