“Excellent”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The Hilton in Ocala is definitely a must on our trips in and out of Florida.
The Front Desk personnel are so helpful always making us aware when we arrive of any specials that we may participate in during our stay. Rooms are clean, great TV and comfortable beds. Dining is a great experience. Food is of great quality and generous portions, the pork chops super.
Breakfast staff very friendly also made us aware at the buffet we could request eggs prepared by the chef. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sam F F
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Bravo to Team Hilton for making you another satistied guest during your recent stay. Thanks for pointing out some great features such as the "made to order" feature of our daily breakfast buffet....from omletes to eggs-anyway-you-like-em...its all part of the Healthy Start to your day. You happened to pick my own favoriate dinner selection - the enormous apricot glazed pork chop made by Chef Randal at Arthur's restaurant.
We hope we are part of your next trip to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I was in Ocala to see a concert, and stayed with the Hilton. The staff are all great people. Very generous and informative. The gym was a let down though. Most Hilton's I stay at have a weight bench, but this one didn't. I would of liked to see more room for some equipment, because I do not soley do cardio workouts and all that was present were treadmills. Additionally, the paint on the outside of the hotel has streaks of green and brown running down it, so i could definitely use a makeover. Other than those two aspects, this is a hotel I would stay at again. Definitely lives up to the Hilton name, and major props to the chef at Arthur's.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
cudos for making a graet workout part of your sometimes stressful time when traveling. As much as we are happy to offer top-of-the-line Precor equipment, free weights, and ample cardio equipment, we do wish we had more room for things like weight/sit up benches and other fitness amenities. Our staff will consider those ideas.
Our "landmar" brightly color exterior was victim to tropical storm Debby and the 4 days or continuous rain that gave our hotel over 14" of rain combined with the usual hot Florida sun and humidity. We are happy to report that our top-notch maintenence staff has taken notice and actied on the the impact left by the water run-off from the roof.
Award Winning Chef Randal White says "thank you" for dining in Arthur's restaurant and we all look forward to your next visit.
Ansbach, Germany
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our stay was a quick one as we just needed a place to sleep for the night. We reserved a room with two double beds. We did not use any of the facilities, pool, bar, restaurant etc. We had reserved a non-smoking room but unfortunately when we opened the door to our room on the 6th floor it had a musky and stale smoke smell. The lady at reception did not hesitate to give us another room on the 5th floor. The only thing that I did not like about the room was it had one of those interconnecting doors that can be used to go directly into the adjacent room. I always find them to be poor sound insulators and unfortunately our neighbors were making plenty of noise at 2 am. My overall impression was this was an older building based on the layout, doors etc. Unfortunately the guest who had smoked in the original non-smoking room and the noisy neighbors marred our experience to a certain extent. No fault of the hotel management and staff. They did not have breakfast but the hotel is close to several restaurants nearby, several within walking distance. Overall it served its purpose for us and I was able to get a very competitive rate for the room.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
On behalf of the the Hilton Ocala team, we appreciate your candid comments and were glad our staff was attentive and supportive during your stay.
Though we are the most established landmark luxury hotel in the North Central Florida area...this also sets us apart from many other properties in the area. Our oak-lined winding driveway just off the higway, extra wide hallways on each floor, large rooms, expansive and beautiful lobby, as well as our acres of wide-open recreation grass paddock areas are welcome features not found in many of todays newer "cookie cutter" hotels with a similar interstate location.
I was surprised to see that you did not enjoy breakfast while here. Breakfast is served seven days a week in Arthur's restaurant featuring a full, hot buffet or menu selections ala carte.
We look forward to you next visit.
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed there for one night while on the way from Alabama to Fort Lauderdale. It was a nice half way point and we arrived around 7:30pm. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and efficient. I was bumped up to a club level room because of my HiltonHonors status. Plus they gave my wife and I two free complimentary breakfast buffet tickets in Arthur's, their in-house restaurant. The buffet was excellent and we caught it just fifteen minutes before they closed it down the next morning. The room was very nice and well appointed. The only reason I didn't rate this location 5 out of 5 stars- my 19th month old daughter ran around in her bare feet before we put her to bed and her feet were filthy from the carpet in the bedroom. It was kind of gross. But the room smelled fine and the beds were very clean so maybe it is just time they really clean their carpets!

Room Tip: Seems all the rooms in this hotel are excellent as the property is tucked away at the end of a priva...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, June 10, 2012
it's always great when somebody with a great stay still gives us some candid feedback to make us better. your comments were shared with our staff - we celebrate to wonderful comments and take immediate action on items like carpet if it's not up to our normal high standards.
We sometimes feel like we are a hidden oasis in the middle of horse country...offering a blend of "tropical paradise" with the grand oaks of North Florida.

We hope you stop on your way back through Florida
Southwest Ranches, FL
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I travel to Ocala, Fl often but this trip was a sad one since I was there to visit a dear dear friend that was in ICU and we were not sure if he was going to make it. The manager, Sergio and the front desk Girls, Gail Doniger & Desiree, were amazing!!! I was flustered, I lost my car key for more than an hour, I couldnt find my credit card, I just could NOT get myself together and the Ocala Hilton staff NEVER once made me feel like the clutz I was that day!! My dear dear friend did pass away which led me to stay in the Ocala Hilton the following week too. Again, the staff, the manager and Gail Doniger were AMAZING!!! I would recommend this hotel to everyone!!!!! Loved imy stay and I love them!!!

Room Tip: Ive stayed up o nthe higher floors and the lower floors and I LOVED them both!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments and applaudes to our staff. As unfortunate as the reason for your trip was, I am glad we were able to make you feel welcome and at home. We strive to treat every person "like family" and on behalf of the Hilton Ocala team, our best wishes and prayers for your friend's family...who is lucky to have had you there is a time of need.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Was a fun hotel in Horse Country. Love the out door feel to it. Great Staff and fast and easy check in and out

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Whenever you can say you had "fun" when traveling, it's a good thing! We are so glad we were able to be part of that fun experience. I am hoping you had time to enjoy the resort like atmosphere of the Hilton Ocala and the relaxing, enormous outdoor pool deck and oak-lined grass paddock. If you were here on a Friday, then no doubt you had fun at the sunset "Party on the Patio" with 2-4-1 drinks, awesome food, and live music from 5-9pm every Friday.
We hope to see you again soon.
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Pleasant stay, near town and the horse farms. Suggested "Chase a Dream" horse farm and we had a great experience on the farm.
Breakfast was well prepared and great variety. Room was quiet and clean. Music was little loud pool side and in the breakfast area. Staff was very helpful.

Room Tip: Got the executive rooms for breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
We are so happy that your experience in the Heart of Horse Country was great. Ocala certainly is a pleasent surprise to many people, and the Hilton Ocala makes it easy to get away from the fast pace of the city, while being just minutes from downtown Ocala as well as the area horse farms. We hope you took the time to say hello to our own resident Clydesdale "Buddy" or take a carriage ride around our pristine 6-acre setting. We hope to see you again soon.