“High price for very average hotel”
Review of Hilton Ocala

Hilton Ocala
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I frequently stay at Hilton Hotels for business and assumed that the $200/night rate would indicate a better than average property. While the common areas were very nice the room left much to be desired. The carpet was both worn and dirty, the bathroom was small, and the room was basically pretty drab. I would not recommend this property at this price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Your candid comments are appreciated and certainly passed along to all the members of our management team.
As the leading hotel and conference center in the Ocala area, we quite often find ourself at near full capacity during this very busy season in Ocala. We strive to ensure that in no way this every compromises the level of service you expect. If we ever fail in that mission, we strive to become better.
The modern and contemporary furnishings of our rooms are sometimes "understated" to many guests who appeal to the more dramatic, colorful schemes. Our newly furnished bathrooms, with custom counter/cabinets units, as well as carpet and other areas enhanced the past few years has been well received by our guests.
Again....please stop and speak to our management team the next time in Ocala and we are happy to address your concerns during your next stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,925)

Reviewed January 27, 2012

When I was a child, my family didn't have alot of money so when we did take our annual road trips, we always stayed at some Ma and Pa run motel off of the highway. My dream was when I grew to be an adult, I would stay at the "fancy" places like the Holiday Inn or Howard Johnson's. As an adult, I learned that those places were not the "fancy" ones but the place to stay was a Hilton. You always knew that no matter where you were...a Hilton hotel was the bomb.

When did things change? Not only was my prior stay at a Hilton in Key Largo, Fl. a big disapointment, but now my experience last week makes me hesitant to stay in another Hilton.

My boyfriend and his family were traveling south from a funeral we had attended in northern Fl. over the weekend and got a late start on our southbound trek to Miami. Having been an exhausting weekend, we decided to stop in Ocala to spend the night do that we could wake refreshed for the long drive.

There were a multitude of Hotels/Motels right in the same area. I had wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn Express as I had pleasant stays in the past but my in-laws are particular about a king bed and they only had 2 doubles available. The Residence Inn was my second choice but the 2-bedroom suite was over $ 300.00. Geez are we in London? So...Hilton here we come!

The lobby is vast and beautifully decorated in the "theme" of the Horse Country atmosphere. The young lady who was alone at the front desk needed a personality adjustment. In other words...she needed a different type of job that did not involve dealing with the pubic or Hilton needed to send her on a training mission where she became more knowledgable about their product. She was awful. She could not answer one question that I asked her about the hotel. Come on girl...this is not rocket science.

Regardless, we got checked in and whisked ourselves to our rooms that were next to each other though not connecting.

Being an older hotel, the rooms are a nice size and they have all the needed amenities except for a small fridge or mini-bar. Even Holiday Inn expresses have these. Now...this is where it gets ugly. I pulled out my laptop, which they are charging me for WIFI and I hear loud loud laughing, TV and voices coming from the room next door. Now don't get me wrong...I have nothing against people having a good time and it was early enough that I couldn't complain and in reality....they were really not being that loud. The problem was the hotel...not the people. The walls were as thin as toilet paper. Trust me...it was bad and I had horrible visions of a sleepless night.

Luckily for me, an hour later they went out never to return. I wonder where they went?

Ok so noise problem..out of the way. Next problem...the bed. Hmmm nice down or imitation down comforter. Get into bed...sinks in the middle. I tried to sleep on this bed....I really did. Could not sleep. Are you sure the sign said Hilton and not Hoppy's hideway?

I must have dozed off at around 4am finally only to be woken up by the cleaning lady brigade who planted themselves directly ourside of my door to have their morning critique on the latest "novella" Is someone out to get me?

Needless to say, for the price of the Hilton, I won't be back.

Paris, do yourself a favor ...tell daddy to take a hard look at his properties before you lose all of your inheritance. Howard Johnson's...here I come.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank peaches24

It is always good to hear from our guests - its how we get better. The Hilton Ocala takes a great deal of pride in being one of the top rated Hilton Hotels in Florida, as well as the country. Even though we are unable to control the behavior of other guests, the moment we are made aware you were being disturbed we would have asked the guest to immediately refrain from disturbing other guests.

I encourage you to stop and say hello to our management team the next time you are in the area and allow us another opportunity to make your stay the best possible.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

What can I say this hotel and the staff are wonderful. Rooms are clean, the happy hour rocks (great prices), the staff is very helpful and friendly. This HIlton is one of the best ones I have ever stayed at! We were in Ocala for our Ladies Auxiliary National President to the Veterans of Foreign Wars visit so we didn't spend alot of time in hotel. But I visited here for another LAVFW function back in the summer of 2010 and it was awesome then too; even got to enjoy the pool at that time. Wonderful is all I can say.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. it is always nice to hear the good news, as it is important to hear when we have not met someone's expectations. We look forward to your return next time you are in Ocala

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Several stays here, and ALL have been near perfect. Set back from the road in horse country, this hotel is beautiful, from the moment you walk in the door, to everything within sight. Families would enjoy this hotel, as it sits next to a horse ranch, and complimentary buggy rides are included with your stay. A Florida hotel with a gentile "Southern" feel to it. ALL amenities are first class, very friendly and helpful staff, great service. We always find a good meal here, whether served downstairs or in your room. I have never had a problem while staying here; it is more like R&R, even when staying on business. I would highly recommend this hotel, whether you are considering purchasing or selling a horse, or just stopping by on your way further south or heading back from S. FL.

Room Tip: Instead of room coffee, take your pot downstairs and fill it from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Luv N
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We stayed here on the 27th of December for one night on our way to Miami. I was so happy to walk in and see such a great lobby with a wonderful atmosphere after a long day of driving.

We had a room on the executive floor. It was very clean and comfortable. We ate dinner at the restaurant and were pleasantly surprised with the excellent quality of the food and service.

We slept very well in a very soft bed with a variety of pillows.

Breakfast was again really good with a huge selection of items.

It was cool when we were there so we didn't use the outdoor pool but all the grounds look very well tended.

We would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed December 30, 2011

About average for a Hilton. Service good. nice to have a real restaurant with a fresh breakfast buffet. TV remotes, as in most hotels, are too difficult to operate and detract from the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We have stayed overnight at the Ocala Hilton many times over the past ten years when driving to/from our home in Sarasota. This year we were looking for a central location in Florida to spend Christmas with a relative who lives elsewhere and we decided to try the Hilton Ocala for Christmas weekend. What a wise decision! Despite the busy holiday the Hilton ran like clockwork and we had a delightful time! We had a delicious Christmas dinner and were treated royally by the Food and Beverage Manager, Jason Rector, who had kindly emailed us the Christmas menu in advance. He is a real asset to the hotel and was everywhere on Christmas Day deftly supervising the food service and insuring an outstanding meal for the many hundreds of dinner guests. The accommodations themselves are lovely providing the usual very nice Hilton amenities and then some such as a room safe, extremely comfortable bed with great linens and pillows, bathrobes (without having to ask), upscale bath toiletries, etc.
As noted above, great service was evident throughout our stay, but we found that this service continued after our check-out! We got home and realized that we had (stupidly!) left numerous important items locked in our room safe. I called the hotel immediately and asked for the manager and was connected immediately with a charming and efficient Assistant Manager, Tammy Cotton, who immediately took control, called me back after retrieving the items from the safe and (after receiving email approval from me) arranged overnight shipment to us by Federal Express. I will be writing the General Manager, Jeff Bailey, to commend these two individuals but thought Mr. Rector's and Ms Cotton's exemplary service was worth noting to those of you who may read Trip Advisor. All in all, the Ocala Hilton is a terrific hotel and we confidently recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family