“Very Clean, Very Helpful, Very Good Value”

Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
Coral Gables, Florida
“Very Clean, Very Helpful, Very Good Value”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Stayed for one night for business. Used computer in lobby. Front desk gladly sent a fax for me. Free beakfast. Gym, Mini-golf, nice pool, room service. More than expected for a budget hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank wernolabound
HoJoOcala, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this review, June 27, 2010
Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Inn of Ocala, Florida for your lodging needs. I appreciate the nice review that you submitted for us. And I am very happy to hear that you noticed the value we provide for your money spent. We have alot of pride in our hotel and we put in alot of hard work to keep our 40 year property in as good condition as we can. It is very nice that you enjoyed yourself and I hope you visit us again in the future. Once again, Thank you for the review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Stayed here for a mini family getaway to visit Silver Springs. Room was adequate but small. Laughed at the toilet paper in the bathroom- they folded it over in one of those neat little hotel 'we cleaned this room' triangels- but there was only ONE SQUARE OF TP LEFT!" I would probably save the patron the hassle and throw that away in the future Hojos. Also, forgot a high end bottle of shower gel there, called the hotel to pick it up and it was gone, so that was disappointing. Breakfast was so-so, kids loved the pool. One exit up seems a lot nicer area. Buyer beware. Also, wi-fi was touch and go and tv didn't come in so great. Exterior of rooms dirty.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear guest, Thank you for your comments, also thank you for staying with us at Howard Johnson in Ocala, Florida. I am very sorry for your toilet paper experience. I have discussed this with housekeeping. We have recently been certified as a Green Hotel from Florida Green Lodging and so therefore we try to implement Green practices as much as possible by not throwing away the toilet paper until it is finished. We do always provide a spare roll of toilet paper incase this happens. We have just recently switched our hotel to WiFi within the last week so things were a bit touchy at first, however we have gotten it straightened out. We have called the cable company to check the cable and I do appreciate you reporting that because it was the first I heard of the cable not coming in good. I have also looked through the lost and found for your shampoo and unfortunately we did not have it anywhere in the lost and found I would like to apologize again for your tough experience and I can assure you the problems have been solved, I would love to invite you back to stay with us to give us another chance to better serve you if you are in the area. Thank you for your time from all of us here at Howard Johnson in Ocala, Florida.
georgia
Reviewed June 15, 2010

we have discovered you are much better off to pay the price and stay at an upscale hotel in Ocala. all the cheepies are right on the interstate and are never what they proclaim on tripadvisor. we stayed here in May on our way to Ft. Lauderdale. a horrible experience, no sleep. room next door played TV all night. called desk, toilet squeaked all night, no security.
same thing last year at Super 8.
Bite the bullet and get a good hotel room(may cost more) if you want to sleep.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redmanGeorgia
briannabarbe, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
Dear Guest, I would like to apologize that your stay was not as comfortable as you expected it to be. We do try our hardest to accomodate each and every guest as best as possible. This past week we had a huge Cal Ripkin Baseball Allstars in town and unfortunatly you were in an area where the children were not so quiet. I can assure you that if you give us another chance I will personally make sure your stay is comfortable and that you recieve as much value for your stay as possible. Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience and thank you for being our guest here at Howard Johnson Ocala, Florida.
findingmyamerica.com
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I'm on a year-long road trip so stay in a lot of motels/hotels. This one is not bad for an economy choice. The room is somewhat dark, and the windows are bolted shut, which is a major pet peeve of mine -- rooms occupied by many people over the course of time NEED to be aired out! That said, the bed was reasonably comfortable, there was a generous sized desk area, and the shower pressure was good. The cleaning was good, but not impeccable. It was not quiet during the day, but was fairly quiet at night. Staff was reasonably friendly. The restaurant was not good, but I found other decent choices within 4 miles.
However, caveat emptor to Wyndham rewards members: if this HoJo has discounted their rates due to lower occupancy and you pay the price advertised on their billboard, you will not get any reward points. I think it's misleading because customers who are driving by and think "I'll stop there" don't even know the rate is discounted.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for staying with us at Howard Johnson in Ocala, Florida. I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on your stay. As far as the rooms being aired out, we do have windows that open in the bathrooms, as well as our doors are open during daytime everyday to help air out the rooms. I do apologize if you were misinformed regarding you wyndham points. You are capable of receiving your points no matter what your rate is as long as you do not book through a third party prepaid site. So if you did book through us, I will be more than happy to assist you in receiving your well earned points. I hope if you are in the area again you will give us another chance to accomodate you. Please call me anytime monday through friday at the hotel and we will get your wyndham points straightened out. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in the future at Howard Johnson Ocala, Florida.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2010

There is no way this hotel can be beat when you consider the LOW, LOW cost of a nights stay!! It's impossible these days to find rooms under a $100 a night that are clean and not some shady out of the way place. This H. Johnson is right off the interstate, next to some very nice hotels and in a clean, safe area. The rooms are a little dated, but for the price of $55 a night??!! Who cares? It's clean, safe and very economically priced. I would stay again and plan to on my next trip down south.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review of us here at Howard Johnson, Ocala, Florida. I am very happy that you chose to stay with us and I am excited that you may be returning to visit us again. We do try very hard to provide the best value for your buck along with great service and accomodations to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Once again thank you from all of us here at Howard Johnson Ocala, Florida.
Charleston, SC
Reviewed April 14, 2010

We were thoroughly surprised & pleased with the accomodations at HOJO, it reminded us of the HOJO of years ago. We were very impressed with the cleanliness, the price & the free breakfast, only thing lacking was a small fridge. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
HoJoOcala, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this review, April 25, 2010
Dear Guest, I am so thankful that you were able to stay at Howard Johnson Ocala Florida, and that your expectations of the great service HoJo's provided in the past were fulfilled by your stay with us. We do strive to provide the upmost in customer service and keep the Happy Hojo culture alive. We do have fridgerators and microwaves available upon request. I am very glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and that you noticed the hard work that our housekeepers put in to clean the rooms and make our guests feel at home. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Howard Johnson Ocala, Florida.
Orange County, NY
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Aside from a lack of cold water in the lavatory or tub, this was an average room for a little money. The fact that they still offer 'smoking rooms' was pleasant, since 20% of the population still smokes, as do I.

Lobby Staff is very friendly and helpful, but watch out for the extra $1.50/day 'safe' charge added to your bill. Never noticed it until I looked over the bill after returning home, where it was listed as 'telephone' on the final bill.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review of Howard Johnson Ocala, Florida. And even more for staying with us through your travels. We are constantly updating our property to provide the most value for your money. Thank you for noticing all the efforts we put forward to make your stay as comfortable as it can be. Please know that the issues you had with the water have been addressed and as for the $1.50 charge, it is a warranty on items left in the safes in the room and this charge is removable upon request. I hope you visit us here at Howard Johnson Ocala, Florida in your future travels.