The staff here was amazing - very friendly and I wish I could remember the name of the girl at the front desk as she really made us feel at home. All the staff was friendly and that went a long way to making up for our "complaints". The room was clean and spacious. We had a king with a jacuzzi tub. That thing was huge - noisy - but overall a fun addition to our stay. It is right by the interstate but the noise didn't really bother us - just background rumbling. Continental breakfast had just enough of the right things. Good waffles, bread selection, packets of peanut butter, bananas, and cereal. Half and half on the tables so you weren't stuck with the dry stuff. Lots of international travelers through - we enjoyed sitting at breakfast and trying to guess the nationalities of the families by their accent language.
Putt putt course needs some attention and the heated pool didn't feel heated. Our real complaint was that I chose this hotel as it pictured a weight machine as part of the facilities - they were in the process of moving the equipment when we were there - so were treated to just aerobic machines in a stuffy building where they had mattresses stored. Then there was no real place to take a jog/run in this area safely, so exercise was limited and that was our one complaint.
Overall though, loved the price, the nostalgia of a HoJo, the staff and a clean, comfortable and safe room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering happiness and value, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida hotel is situated with easy access from I-75 and 4 Miles from Downtown Ocala, Florida Horse Capital of the World. Kick off your day with a free breakfast including Belgian waffles and free WiFi. With 125 rooms located on 10 acres of land, this Ocala, Florida hotel is ideal for families traveling with RV rentals, and includes ample RV and boat parking on-site. This green-certified Ocala, Florida hotel is situated within minutes from the Post Time Horse Farm, home of the annual Horse Shows in the Sun - HITS - Ocala event each winter. As the recipient of Howard Johnson's Best Practices of the Year Award for 2010, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida is dedicated to providing travelers the best combination of cheerful hospitality and convenience with a great value. Find all that this Ocala hotel has to offer within minutes of top attractions including Silver Springs State Park, Wild Waters Water Park, Florida State Fire College, Ocala Rotary Sportsplex, Big Sun Youth Soccer League, Shocker Park Softball Complex, Ocala Breeders Sales and the beautiful fresh water springs (Silver Springs, Salt Springs, Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs, Silver Glen Springs and Rainbow Springs) of the Ocala National Forest. Fun and convenience are a standard at the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida with the areas largest outdoor heated pool, poolside cabanas and a relaxing Jacuzzi. In and around this Ocala, Florida hotel you will enjoy a complimentary Rise and Dine Breakfast along with on-site miniature golf, meeting and banquet facilities, and our on-site Howard Johnson's Restaurant.No matter what kind of traveler you are, the Howard Johnson Inn in Ocala, Florida hotel provides the ideal location and incredible value you have been searching for. Go Happy. Go HOJO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala Hotel Ocala
- Howard Johnson Hotel Ocala
- Howard Johnson Ocala
- Ocala Howard Johnson