Recall those Great Days when Howard Johnson would accept Texaco Charge Cards when only American Express and Diner's Cards were as Credit Cards. No wallets full of Visa, Master, or Discover Cards in 1968 but you could charge your on a Texaco Gasoline Charge Card and great Ice Creme and Super Meals. This H. J.'s just off I-75 in Ocala was a refreshing experience @ long ago "Happy Days" Rooms all remodeled with New Heat and AC Controls, Super Internet, and fresh smelling rooms. Same Old Colors but were bright and the nearby interstate Traffic Noise was Non existent. Continental Buffet Breakfast was better than Days In, Super 8 because you could have waffles and the service was great. Value for a single was excellent. The Buffet and Restaurant needed updating and was some what Dark but still had a large Wall TV to catch up with the News before departure.
Will stay again on a return Trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering happiness and value, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida hotel is situated with easy access from I-75 and 4 Miles from Downtown Ocala, Florida Horse Capital of the World. Kick off your day with a free breakfast including Belgian waffles and free WiFi. With 125 rooms located on 10 acres of land, this Ocala, Florida hotel is ideal for families traveling with RV rentals, and includes ample RV and boat parking on-site. This green-certified Ocala, Florida hotel is situated within minutes from the Post Time Horse Farm, home of the annual Horse Shows in the Sun - HITS - Ocala event each winter. As the recipient of Howard Johnson's Best Practices of the Year Award for 2010, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida is dedicated to providing travelers the best combination of cheerful hospitality and convenience with a great value. Find all that this Ocala hotel has to offer within minutes of top attractions including Silver Springs State Park, Wild Waters Water Park, Florida State Fire College, Ocala Rotary Sportsplex, Big Sun Youth Soccer League, Shocker Park Softball Complex, Ocala Breeders Sales and the beautiful fresh water springs (Silver Springs, Salt Springs, Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs, Silver Glen Springs and Rainbow Springs) of the Ocala National Forest. Fun and convenience are a standard at the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida with the areas largest outdoor heated pool, poolside cabanas and a relaxing Jacuzzi. In and around this Ocala, Florida hotel you will enjoy a complimentary Rise and Dine Breakfast along with on-site miniature golf, meeting and banquet facilities, and our on-site Howard Johnson's Restaurant.No matter what kind of traveler you are, the Howard Johnson Inn in Ocala, Florida hotel provides the ideal location and incredible value you have been searching for. Go Happy. Go HOJO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala Hotel Ocala
- Howard Johnson Hotel Ocala
- Howard Johnson Ocala
- Ocala Howard Johnson