The staff at this hotel was very helpful and friendly, however thats where it stops. The buildings were recently rennovated and look good on the outside, however the rooms onthe inside still show where the windows had been replaced and the original frames were visible, almost like they didnt care because it will not show up in the online pictures anyway. Key cards work only when they want to, this is blamed on demagnetization, but i found that each key worked when the other wouldnt so we had to guess each time if we could get in Room was VERY small and cramped, which will work for a one night stay, but any extended stay would be unwise. Some of the guests were "questionalbe" in nature. Witnessed one being removed by force by the Local police. Another stopped me to tell me about his life story and proceeded to use profane language infront of my three year old, and would not leave me alone untill i had to get "aggressive".Freeway noise is almost bareable. When the room was cleaned, not everything was cleaned. Coffee pot was dirty the entire stay. The air conditioner outlet was worn out and the plug as loose, made us fear a fire may start. The last straw and the main problem i had with this hotel was we had numerous visits from six legged guests, namely cockroaches. One was at least 2 inches in length. once we noticed these we were in fear of other guests like bedbugs, so much that we checked the matress folds and the sheets for blood stains from them feeding on us. Did not find any. our overall stay was very uncomfortable. i would not recommend this for any family. it would be ok for a long haul trucker if he has no other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering happiness and value, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida hotel is situated with easy access from I-75 and 4 Miles from Downtown Ocala, Florida Horse Capital of the World. Kick off your day with a free breakfast including Belgian waffles and free WiFi. With 125 rooms located on 10 acres of land, this Ocala, Florida hotel is ideal for families traveling with RV rentals, and includes ample RV and boat parking on-site. This green-certified Ocala, Florida hotel is situated within minutes from the Post Time Horse Farm, home of the annual Horse Shows in the Sun - HITS - Ocala event each winter. As the recipient of Howard Johnson's Best Practices of the Year Award for 2010, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida is dedicated to providing travelers the best combination of cheerful hospitality and convenience with a great value. Find all that this Ocala hotel has to offer within minutes of top attractions including Silver Springs State Park, Wild Waters Water Park, Florida State Fire College, Ocala Rotary Sportsplex, Big Sun Youth Soccer League, Shocker Park Softball Complex, Ocala Breeders Sales and the beautiful fresh water springs (Silver Springs, Salt Springs, Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs, Silver Glen Springs and Rainbow Springs) of the Ocala National Forest. Fun and convenience are a standard at the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida with the areas largest outdoor heated pool, poolside cabanas and a relaxing Jacuzzi. In and around this Ocala, Florida hotel you will enjoy a complimentary Rise and Dine Breakfast along with on-site miniature golf, meeting and banquet facilities, and our on-site Howard Johnson's Restaurant.No matter what kind of traveler you are, the Howard Johnson Inn in Ocala, Florida hotel provides the ideal location and incredible value you have been searching for. Go Happy. Go HOJO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala Hotel Ocala
- Howard Johnson Hotel Ocala
- Howard Johnson Ocala
- Ocala Howard Johnson