I don't usually write reviews but the employees at this hotel were so incredibly kind, warm and helpful that I had to come on here and give them the praise they deserve. We stayed here because our car broke down on I-75 on the way home to Miami. When we called to ask about their rate and explained our situation- stranded on the highway with all our luggage and our exhausted children- they offered shuttle service to come and pick us up! Our angel-in-a-minivan Cedric arrived just 20 minutes later and took us to HoJo. Carlos at the front desk was friendly and fast checking us in and when my husband mentioned it was his birthday they gave us grownups each a complimentary drink from the bar and soft-serve ice creams for our kids! Without even being asked Carlos gave us a room right by the pool and Cedric drove us and all our luggage right to our room. The pool was amazing- pristine, clean and so blue!- and our room was VERY clean and VERY comfortable. In the morning we got to enjoy a filling free breakfast including fresh waffles. Needless to say the kids were ecstatic and totally in love with HoJo by this point. The breakfast attendant (a woman whose name I didn't get) was sweet and helpful, wished us luck with our car repairs and even helped us pack up our leftovers for the road. Cedric called us again in the morning to give us the number of a trusted mechanic in town and to make sure we had a ride back to our car. Nicole checked us out at the front desk and arranged for the shuttle to return us and our luggage and our happy, well-rested selves to our car which we got fixed and back on the road that day.
Now I know this is a long review but these wonderful people deserve acknowledgement. We found ourselves in a very unlucky and uncomfortable situation and they went above and beyond to make it less frustrating and inconvenient. We actually had a good time!
And as for the value: we are a working-class family of 5, we travel about 3 or 4 times a year and our criteria is basically "the cheapest" hotel we can find. We don't have champagne tastes or caviar dreams. From someone who has stayed in her/our share of crappy hotels let me just say that this Howard Johnson was more than pleasant and hit all the basic "must-haves". It was clean, the beds were comfortable, it smelled nice and the cable/TV was great. The pool and hot tub were a super bonus and the free breakfast was one I would've gladly paid for. For a hotel stay we hadn't planned on and couldn't afford I was grateful to NOT have to leave feeling ripped off.
I can only imagine how infuriating and uncomfortable this whole experience might have been if we had stayed somewhere else and I'm so glad that we ended up here. Thank you again to Cedric, Carlos and all the kind folks at Howard Johnson Ocala!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering happiness and value, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida hotel is situated with easy access from I-75 and 4 Miles from Downtown Ocala, Florida Horse Capital of the World. Kick off your day with a free breakfast including Belgian waffles and free WiFi. With 125 rooms located on 10 acres of land, this Ocala, Florida hotel is ideal for families traveling with RV rentals, and includes ample RV and boat parking on-site. This green-certified Ocala, Florida hotel is situated within minutes from the Post Time Horse Farm, home of the annual Horse Shows in the Sun - HITS - Ocala event each winter. As the recipient of Howard Johnson's Best Practices of the Year Award for 2010, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida is dedicated to providing travelers the best combination of cheerful hospitality and convenience with a great value. Find all that this Ocala hotel has to offer within minutes of top attractions including Silver Springs State Park, Wild Waters Water Park, Florida State Fire College, Ocala Rotary Sportsplex, Big Sun Youth Soccer League, Shocker Park Softball Complex, Ocala Breeders Sales and the beautiful fresh water springs (Silver Springs, Salt Springs, Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs, Silver Glen Springs and Rainbow Springs) of the Ocala National Forest. Fun and convenience are a standard at the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida with the areas largest outdoor heated pool, poolside cabanas and a relaxing Jacuzzi. In and around this Ocala, Florida hotel you will enjoy a complimentary Rise and Dine Breakfast along with on-site miniature golf, meeting and banquet facilities, and our on-site Howard Johnson's Restaurant.No matter what kind of traveler you are, the Howard Johnson Inn in Ocala, Florida hotel provides the ideal location and incredible value you have been searching for. Go Happy. Go HOJO. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala Hotel Ocala
- Howard Johnson Hotel Ocala
- Howard Johnson Ocala
- Ocala Howard Johnson