“Room looked clean. Clerks were friendly. Breakfast was...”

Days Inn Ocala West
Ranked #27 of 34 Hotels in Ocala

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The stay was very nice. The staff was very friendly. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

shawn b, General Manager at Days Inn Ocala West, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Kennyr,
Thank you very much for staying. I am glad to hear you had a good stay. Customer satisfaction is one of the biggest goals at the hotel. The staff strives to provide the best customer service and accommodations possible to all guests. I am very glad we were able to provide that for you. It would be our honor to host you again. Hope to see you again soon, and we hope the Days Inn Ocala West will be your stop when in the Ocala area.
Thank you for staying and for taking time out to make a review,
Boonville, Indiana
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Motel is close to I-75 S. The room we had is in a separate building from the lobby and breakfast area. That's the only thing we didn't like, because the weather was wet and windy.
The room has a small concrete pad just outside the room, with sliding glass doors and two chairs. The car can be parked by these doors, making it easy to get things from the car into the room. The breakfast was good enough. I would stay here again if we go south in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Betty P,

Thank you very much for staying. I am sorry about your room placement. Unfortunately none of the rooms are connected to the lobby. I am happy to announce that since your last stay there have been changes made to both the breakfast room and the choices of breakfast items. Customer satisfaction is our biggest goal, so it is very nice to read that you would pick the Days Inn Ocala west during your next stop to the Ocala area. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you for staying and taking time out to leave a review,
Panhandle Florida
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Had a quick trip to make to Tampa using Ocala as my stop over. Great rate. Super easy checkin. Huge room with big king just for me. Nice flat panel RICA TV. I esp like the floor to ceiling drapes that completely block light. Nice balcony but though I was in non smoking room a smoker had been out there and crushed ciggie pack was still there. Microwave and fridge new and you small ice tray had ice!!# AC\heat were brand new and very efficient. Bathroom towels not as thick and spa like as I prefer but I keep a spa one in my car. Outside stairs were rusty and old but I just used better ones at other end. Very pleased with price and what you get.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Taylorcat2us,

Thank you very much for staying. Thank you very much for the kind words. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your last stay. I am sorry for the rusty stairs. I am happy to announce that since your last stay we have corrected that issue and stairs you were referring to no longer look like that. It would be our honor to have you back and I hope that you come back soon, so that we can show you all the changes made at the hotel.

Thank you for staying and taking time out to leave a review,
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Very dirty, smelled of mildew/mold and overall disgusting!!! We arrived about 10:00 pm, for a one night stay in February of 2014. The room was outdated (probably not painted since the 70's) and so very dirty/smelly we were afraid to get into the bed or set our luggage on floor. We removed the bed comforter to throw it on the floor, and it had what appeared to be a huge urine stain on the underside. There was dirt/cobwebs on the walls/door. The telephone, mirrors, old TV, doors and rusty old mini fridge had not been cleaned for ages. The air conditioner did not cool properly and was stinky, it was also rusty and dirty. We tried to let some fresh air in through the sliding patio door but it would not open. Even if it would have opened there was no screen and area was not safe enough to keep it open. We had prepaid for the room but I was more than willing to leave (eat the charges) and pay for another hotel. My husband (not any happier than I) said we should be able 'to tough it out for one night'. We will absolutely never stay at any of the Days Inn hotels after this experience! Gross...

Room Tip: Room 149 is disgusting!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jim_Deb_Passing_By,

I would like to start off by thanking you for staying. I would also like to apologize for your bad stay. Since your last stay there has been almost a complete turnover both in management and staff. We have trained all the new housekeepers on the correct way to clean and maintain the rooms. There has also been renovations done both in the rooms and around the entire property. The old ac units have been taken out and replaced with new ones, and the old fridges were also replaced and new ones have been put in. New linin has been ordered for the entire property. The new owners have turned this place around and still continue to. I hope there is something we could do to earn your business back. Customer service and comfortable accommodations are our number one priority.

Thank you for staying and taking time to leave a review,
Shawn B.

Travelers are raving about these Ocala hotels