“Great lunch”

Ipanema Brazilian Steakhouse
Ranked #33 of 477 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 17th and 441 (Pine Ave)
Description: Ipanema Brazilian Steak House is a Churrascaria in the finest sense of the word. Our twelve authentic cuts and presentations of meat are seasoned with salt and roasted rotisserie-style over mineral coals imported from Brazil, basted continuously by their own natural juices. Served by traditional roving Gauchos, they are complemented by an opulent salad and vegetable bar, delectable desserts and delicious wines, beer, and cocktails.
Portland, Connecticut
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

If you are in a rush or want an inexpensive lunch then this is not the place for you. However, if you want a dining experience then the lunch offered on Friday's is quite a bit less expensive than dinner service.

We have eaten at a Brazilian Steak house before so knew what to expect and were impressed none the less with the quality especially of the items on the buffet. Very good salads, fresh fruits, soups and two lasagnas. This was in addition to the wonderful cuts of meat that passed by our table.

The linguica is the best we have ever had and the one we usually eat is from New Bedford, MA where a lot of Portuguese people live. Additionally we were offered several types of beef, Parmesan chicken thighs and pork loin. Save room for the pineapple, it is delicious. Heavy on cinnamon and so sweet. Excellent.

They offer a $2 reduction for seniors so if it applies ask for it. They also offer lots of desserts for an additional price but we felt that the pineapple and the fruit on the salad bar was enough for us.

The atmosphere is very enjoyable, soft music, muted colors and very attractive. I would not hesitate to go there again or to recommend this restaurant to friends.

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Awesome food!!! March 24, 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Awesome food & service!!! Pricey, but high quality meats, salad bar is huge & wonderful. Excellent selection of I think they said, 12 different styles of meats & the most delicious roasted pineapple you will ever eat. The waiters bring by, every couple of minutes, different kinds of meats they slice at your table, piping hot & oh so good!!! Salad/food bar was excellent but I didn't get to try as many items as I wanted to! Very grateful that our waiter warned us about not getting too much from the salad bar because we wouldn't be able to really enjoy the meat parade!!! Oh my! Was he ever right!!!
This place is definitely on our saved list of places to return to!!! We will be back every time we come to Florida!!! This place gets the highest rating possible!!! Kudos to the wait staff who went above & beyond making sue we got to sample some of everything!!

Sebastian, Florida
“Way too much food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Great choice of meats including but not limited to, lamb chops, bacon wrapped filet, Parmesan baked chicken,salmon, shrimp and prime rib . All meats were offered rare to well done The cold sides were great but the potatoes( sweet and mashed were on the cool side . Don't miss the broiled pineapple and the Brazilian cheese bread. The service was excellent

Crystal River, Florida
“What we've come to expect from a high-end Brazilian steakhouse.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

As soon as we entered this restaurant I said to myself I should have dressed better! But as it turned out, the formal ambience lent itself well to the casual dining experience. The waitstaff was attentive and courteous. I decided to have the full brunch (this was on Sunday), while my wife opted for the Salad Bar. The "full lunch" included the salad bar, as well as table side service of an exceptionally tasty assortment of meat--all served continuously until you turn your coaster over (which is the code for:"stop feeding me--can't you see I've eaten beyond normal human capacity!!!" Get the picture? I should have/could have limited myself to the Salad Bar alone. It was outstanding in its variety, quality, and preparation.
While food service was preceded by a complimentary Mimosa, it was somewhat disappointing that dessert was not included in the somewhat hefty price of the full brunch ($29).
All-in-all, I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Ocala
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went for lunch and the meat was terrible - low quality and over cooked , salad bar was good, service was good. Was not worth the price and I will not go back.

• Visited February 2013